Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Computer monitor(s) for MBP
  • djflexure

What is good these days? Currently running 27″ iMac with an old apple thunderbolt display.

I have a MBP arriving this week. Should I stay dual display or are the ultra-wides worth considering.

Not particularly constrained by cost

Productivity is the main issue – I work from several doc at once. I’m not a graphic designer.

Looking through LG 27″ ultra fine (x2) & Dell ultra wide options. Anybody tried these or other options?

fisha
    Free Member

I have just ditched a 27 iMac and have an alienware 15″ laptop.

I’m about to get a Sony 4k TV to run as the desktop / zwift / TV setup in the room. Likely 43″.

Plenty of real estate on a 4k display to manage the various windows, and colour is fine enough for my needs.

You just need to make sure your laptop can drive it, and that the 4k TV itself can does chroma 4:4:4 subsampling. (If it doesn’t then small text on the screen when running at 4k will not display clearly. )

My laptop does hdmi 2.0 so can manage 4k @ 60hz. What type of mbp do you have?

Interesting article here …

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.techspot.com/amp/article/1439-using-4k-tv-as-desktop-pc-monitor/

djflexure

The MBP is the current 15″ model with all bells and whistles so will drive 2x LG 27″ 5K displays.

Thats a good read – my only concern is that work will inevitably find it easier to purchase a one or two computer monitors versus a TV.

I’d have probably just gone with the LG monitors but noticed more than a few negative reviews that seemed to relate to the functionality/connectivity, rather than image quality.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Computer monitor(s) for MBP’ is closed to new replies.