Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Compressors….. any recommendations please?
  • stanley

Thinking of buying myself a compressor for use in my garage. Will be used for car and motorbike tyres and, of course, tubeless set-ups.

Any I should look at or avoid?
    Don’t want to spend much if possible.

Also, what accessories do I need? Adaptor for Presta?

Furious

I’ve just posted a PSA for the £99 Aldi air compressor that goes on sale this weekend. I think people off here have positive reports of it…

scruff
    Free Member

I got an Aldi one but some Machine Mart ones look similar for £100odd. Schraeder head with presta adapter works fine, I find the shorter adapters with rubber seal work better, my longer adapter has no seal but still works fine. Long hose needed to reach around car from garage, mine is 10m I think. Camp bed adapter thing good for blowing dirt / water off bike bits.

scruff
    Free Member

Oh, I had to get a hose adapter for my Halfords head to work with the Aldi hose, Aldi joints are some weird German non-standard.

nbt

Jon @ Bicycle Smithy uses an Aldi compressor

stanley

Cheers.
    That Aldi one looks good on paper; better spec. for less money than others that I have looked at.

So how does this Aldi thing work?!
    Do all Aldi branches get these to sell on Sunday?

AlexSimon

Yes, they do.
    Get in quick if you want specific bits.

The workshop fiddler in me wants one, even though I can’t store it, use it or run tubeless!

scruff
    Free Member

Watch your back picking it up to get the thing in your boot, theym pretty heavy.

AlexSimon

So did you fill yer boots in Aldi?

wwaswas

the one in Portslade Sussex still had a couple in this am., and loads of the tools.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Compressors….. any recommendations please?’ is closed to new replies.