Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Compressor?
  • guandax
    Free Member

I have an airshot for tubeless tyres, but even with this it’s not always easy. Now I have a shed I have space for a compressor. Is a cheap 6l unit going to be man enough for the job?

kayak23

I’ve got a 6l Stanley job.

It’ll do tubeless tyres no issue, but to be honest, they’re such small capacity, and so freakin loud that the constant recharging kinda does your head in.

I’d go bigger if I had my time again. Also, the Stanley one cost about the same at around £80 as the 24 litre one that Aldi are doing this weekend.

I’d go Aldi. In fact, I might trade mine in and get that as I use it for other things too.

reeksy

Easy big enough! Useful for blowing out the water from around headset, BB, etc after washing too.

Tracey

We have one of the Aldi ones bought in their sale for £25 pounds, works a treat for popping tyres one and blowing dust and water off its mounted flush to the wall so out of the way but can be lifted down if its needed outside. Bought a second one at the same price that stays in the camper. on race days its been a god send for us and other competitors.

snotrag

There are some things in life that are simple – Bigger, is better.

So long as it can by physically fitted into your garage, always buy the biggest compressor possible. They are infinitely useful.

Often available used, keep an eye of facebook, gumtree etc.

simon_g

I’ve got a little “silent” (just quiet really) 4 litre compressor and it does tubeless tyres fine.

It’s this one – Rutlands often have offers on which drops the price. A world away from the noisy Stanley and similar ones. https://www.rutlands.co.uk/sp+power-tools-compressors-8-bar-silent-compressor-rutlands+xt0009

chakaping
    Free Member

I have a big one from Lidl, buying it was definitely one of my better life choices.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

As above, bigger is better. I got a 3kw 50l for £80 one from class ohlsen when they were clearing out stock.

Noisy as hell (all direct drive compressors are), but it only kicks occasionally. Mount it at the back of your shed in an unused corner and run a fixed hose to your workbench and outside so you dont have to take up space with it or stretch the coiled hose past stuff.

pedlad

Interested in getting a compressor so will watch this thread.

The Rutlands one is way too spendy but the wall mounted Aldi one Tracey shows doesn’t have a reservoir it seems and I thought you needed a decent one to get the initial pop for tubeless?

Does this looks good? Aldi Compressor

Other shops talk about oil free?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Compressor?’ is closed to new replies.