Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Compressor for tubeless
  • colwyn58
    Free Member

Just spent a while on google trying to find a “small” compressor for tubeless duites.

I’m sure it’s prefectly possible to inflate all rims /tyre combos with a variety of tricks but in the interests of time and ease am looking to get a compressor.

There doesn’t seem to be much between the enormous workshop ones and the tiny ones that don’t have any air storage.

Has anyone found one that does the job but doesn’t take up the whole garage and weigh the same as a small elephant?!

Will something like this do the trick?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_218740_langId_-1_categoryId_165727#dtab

Many thanks.

cookies

looked at the same last night as I couldn’t get mine seated and had used 6 CO2 cartridges…

I was going to buy one but instead I popped to local tire shop and the did it for me for £0>>>>

aracer
    Free Member

mattmbk
    Free Member

I have the Sealey Tools version of that compressor and it works fine, takes about 15 seconds to build up a full air tank. You’ll need various adaptors and plumbers tape to fit a tyre inflator. Useful for blow drying your chain as well.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I made one with 2 ends and use one of the wheels on the van to get the tubeless wheel going, then re inflate with my small 12v compressor which won’t do the tubeless seating.

uplink
    Free Member
    z1ppy

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_17927.htm

Cheaper & more powerful, though probably not as subtle (noise wise). Lidl & Aldi sell them intermittently, but my friend said the last lot are still in our local aldi reduced (think they’ve saturated the market), so worth wandering round your local stores.

No you shouldn’t need a compressor for tubeless but it makes it a darn sight easier

scruff
    Free Member

I have an Aldi one its as useful as a workstand, fantastic for the man cave. Works great for drying stuff off like chains, blowign up paddling pools & fixing cars.

TooTall
    Free Member

This amazing use of ‘blow drying your chains’ – how have my bike chains lasted all this time without such attention?

scruff
    Free Member

How has this forum lasted without your wit ?

bruneep

This amazing use of ‘blow drying your chains’ – how have my bike chains lasted all this time without such attention?

You mean you don’t blow dry your chains………how quaint. I’m surprised you’re still alive TBH

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Compressor for tubeless’ is closed to new replies.