Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • compression tights – skins vs 2xu
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i want to try some compression tights for recovery after cycling and running. i'm not sure whether to go for skins or 2xu – anyone tried either or both and have any opinions? have heard good things about the 2xu, but the skins do tights which cover the feet, which might be better for helping after running, but i don't want to compromise fit/make, just for that.

trail_rat
    Free Member

one of my mates reckons all his mates that have used skins have moved to 2xu …. but he sells 2xu so wouldnt take that at face value

FWIW i had severe doms yesterday from a triathlon – slept in my newly aquired skins – woke up this morning able to walk normally … that stage is usually 3/4 days later

MRanger156
    Free Member

I have skins (not the recovery ones) and they deffinately help after sport.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    niloC
    Free Member

Maxgear are doing some at a discounted price
    Maxgear

jedi

as i'm going to actually try to run again for the 1st time since 2006 i will get some compression tights . it's gunna hurt 🙂

29erKeith
    Free Member

these are good

Compress Sport

compression's a lot stronger than Skins for the correct size
    I've used skins too and prefer these personally

scholarsgate
    Free Member

DHB @ wiggle do some for around £30.

If you're just interested on trying some might be trying a cheaper pair than shelling out on skins or 2xu.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

hmm, thanks for the comments. still not sure which ones to go for and if i want to try both the skins and 2xu, i have to go to two different running shops which is a pain (literally as my legs are killing me!)

toss a coin?! 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

which shops closer

i took mine out the box and though – no way will i fit in them ! I was surprised – and they are comfy !

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

trail rat, have you had any issues with the waist band/stitching? some reviews i've read of the skins say the stitching is uncomfortable after a while and the waist band rolls down.

its 50 – 50 to each shoe, both are the same distance just different ways!

cxi
    Free Member

I've got some Linebreak shorts and thought I've been sent the size for babies up to 1 year old.

My misses also has some Linebreak 3/4 tights and has tried some Skins 3/4s – she couldn't tell any difference.

trail_rat
    Free Member

not had them long enough to tell you that 🙁

29erKeith
    Free Member

dirtygirlonabike, I've had a pair of skins shorts for a couple of years now
    which I use for running. no stitching issues personnel
    the waist band does have a tendency to roll down a bit
    but it's never bothered me at all
    I'd always use them for running anything over a 1/2 Marathons inc. Ultras
    don't use 'em on the bike at all though tbh
    I have used calf compression bits when starting back on the bike after a minor calf tear

chameleon78
    Free Member

don't think you can go wrong with either.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Get yourself some DVT stockings. Cheaper than the sports alternatives and specifically designed for the job in question.

Where you planning on running jedi?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i bought the 2xu ones, but have since tried on the skins ones which feel way better and fit nicer so now i need to return the 2xu ones *rolls eyes* seems to be a skin stockist issue up here – they only had the capris in my size so waiting to get the tights sent up from the london shop (guess i'll have to have really sore legs for another few days 😥 )

the skins are seriously tiny – i'm an extra small, and they look like they'd fit a 5 year old!

trail_rat
    Free Member

DGOAB yep im a medium according to the chart – borderline large but was told to get the medium – took them out the box and though "like hell ill get into them – pass the talc"

seems to be an issue everywhere stock wise – latest fad i guess – saw loads of folk wearing them at the race at the weekend

ive been using underarmour base layers for years – and sizing was an issue – compression i need a medium but it would roll up when running and become a boob tube !

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

i was thinking of trying a compression base layer too as i get quite sore from weights and thought it might help. will wait and see how i get on with the tights though, all going well they should be here by wednesday. they capris were pretty long on me, but didn't quite cover the bottom of my calf so the tights will probably cover my feet!!

radoggair
    Free Member

for tops, i wear O'neill skins. Have done for several years, and they look good. I know its a surfing top but hey ho

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘compression tights – skins vs 2xu’ is closed to new replies.