Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Compression tights – anyone tried them? Do they work?
  • Pippalarge
    Free Member

Do they work (in terms of recovery)?

njee20
    Free Member

Difficult to say definitively, as you never know how you'd have felt without them! I find they do help after a hard session though. Good for running too I find.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I find they do help after a hard session though

quite so!

trail_rat
    Free Member

i did 600kms last week , slept in my skins top and trousers after each ride – woke up fully recharged and ready to go. i honestly have never felt like that riding day after day after day…. that included 2 x 10 mile TTs – 250k flat out roadying and the rest were days in the hills !

i reccomend at least trying them – but they may not work for you – i was warned of this before i tried them

suggest trying the trousers first !

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>slept in my skins top and trousers after each ride<

Jesus, thats taking product testing to a whole new level…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

>slept in my skins top and trousers after each ride<

his partner likes that kinky stuff…

uplink
    Free Member

i did 600kms last week , slept in my skins top and trousers after each ride

live on your own perchance?

trail_rat
    Free Member

was living in my van last week …. road trip …

certainly wouldnt bother at home … missus would have a fit im sure

was more a case of CBA getting change im going to sleep …

fair enough – dont buy them all the more for me…. ill keep wearing them and recovering nice and quick 😉

moremudplease
    Free Member

was very sceptical when I bought a pair of skins,gotta eat my words,they are good at aiding recovery.

aracer
    Free Member

Difficult to say definitively, as you never know how you'd have felt without them!

Surely you could try wearing just one leg?

GregMay
    Free Member

Big convert to compression gear, also a triathlete and a sports scientist so that kinda biases me.

Have used them over the past 4 years and even if its only a placebo effect i have found huge gains in my ability to do multi day hard sessions (100km+ on MTB or 700km+ weeks on the TT bike)

Main gains i have found have been post runs and hard XC type sessions where you are going b*&^s out. whenever the muscles are taking a pounding they can help, along with some nice tasty protein (read steak/chicken not powder and water) and a good bit o'sleep.

As for the sleeping in them, i do, am about to, and its not to bad if the other half does too. Works as a good contraceptive actually….

aracer
    Free Member

Works as a good contraceptive actually….

I don't think you're supposed to put them on there.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Works as a good contraceptive actually….

and quite right too, all that rumpy-pumpy saps the energy you need for bike riding…

(??????)

GregMay
    Free Member

More so in the;

Jaysus they are a pain in the ass to take off *rolls over and goes to sleep*

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Compression tights – anyone tried them? Do they work?’ is closed to new replies.