Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Compression recovery clothing – How long to wear
  • JNAnthem
    Free Member

Just got some of these compression tights for recovery after bike rides which does seem to work but not quite clear how long meant to wear them- i.e just an hour or two or 7/8 hours. Have been wearing for longer period but not always practical/ comfortable. Any one got any experience/ advice on this?

neil853
    Free Member

I’ve done both, short and long periods. They were especially useful for the end of the week when i was commuting to work. I had them on from 8am-4pm in that case. I’ve also had them on over night when i’ve done multi day rides.

But the most useful is when you’ve done a long ride and put them on for the car journey home, normally i would get out and barely be able to walk, compression tights helped massively with this.

xterramac
    Free Member

i know Pro’s who sleep in there compression tights!

sofatester
    Free Member

You might want to edit the last part of your comment xterramac as people have been lynched for less on this forum.

fontmoss
    Free Member

leave them on a few hours at least, sometimes i’ll sleep in mine if put them on in the evening. Not that I’m a prime athlete btw!

vdubber67
    Free Member

I slept in mine each night after a stage on Trans Wales. Must either be a pro or whatever xterramac’s bigoted description was.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

In winter i’ll sleep in mine. In summer, a few hours depending on weather – i think i read somewhere that a minimum of 2 hours was needed, but i might just be making that up.

I feel the benefits more if i wear them for longer – if i’ve done a hard interval ride mid week and only put them on for a few hours before bed, my legs are sore/tired the next day (and i’ll then wear them at work if that’s the case) but if i sleep in them, my legs feel fine the next day.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Compression recovery clothing – How long to wear’ is closed to new replies.