Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Composite door cockup
  • northernmatt

There’s a bit of a story to this one, take a pew.

Ordered Windows and composite doors about 8 weeks ago. The windows were put in 3 weeks ago, so far all is well.

The doors were meant to fitted the next day but were delayed as we had picked non standard colours and handles. (Grey back door, dark blue front with fancy glass and a big stainless bow handle).

The blokes came to fit them today and immediately acknowledged that the back door was wrong, it had no handle and the glass (4 small panels) was on the wrong side, also the lock for some unknown reason has been put in at shoulder height. The front door we thought was right (I was at work at the time) but they had managed to get the wrong handle and it’s also the wrong style. It should be a cottage type one with the lines going up & down but it’s just plain. They have also put the lock at shoulder height which is where the handle should mount. If they fit the right handle the lock will be inaccessible.

I’m absolutely fuming as this install date has been put back twice and it still isn’t right.

We haven’t actually paid anything yet so that is a good thing but am I being unreasonable expecting a whole new front door as well considering we have spent £4k on this?

Cougar

Can you roll back to Windows 7?

konanige

Am in the window trade myself, don’t give em a bean till its all correct, especialy if its a national company!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    northernmatt

Nope not a national. Annoyingly it’s a friend of a friend and he has actually been very apologetic, seems to be laying the blame at the door (pun not intended) of the manufacturer.

konanige

Wouldn’t be at all surprised, the amount of manufacturing cock ups our lot make you wonder how they make a profit!!!

johndoh
    Free Member

We got our windows at cost price and fitted for free because they had the wrong ones delivered. They weren’t quite what we wanted but we couldn’t say no to getting them for £5k (£3.5k of that being the doors which were correct and for which we still paid full price) rather than £12k

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Composite door cockup’ is closed to new replies.