Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Components I owned that I had forgotten about
  • razorrazoo

For some reason, this brought back memories of FSA PowerPro cranks. I never had any, think I might be the only mtber of the early 00’s that didn’t.

At 29.99 what could go wrong?!  I had a set of 24seven dark angel 3 piece steel cranks, which on reflection could’ve anchored a cruise liner.

mert
    Free Member

For some reason, this brought back memories of FSA PowerPro cranks. I never had any, think I might be the only mtber of the early 00’s that didn’t.

I had to google that, don’t think i’ve ever seen a pair in the wild.

zerocool

@Weeksy – what makes this funnier is I’m pretty sure you’ve mention that ebike in your other big thread in the last few months😜

dyna-ti

Hope cable discs anyone ?.(this isnt mine, belongs to The Ken on retrobike. I’ve a nos pair of the mk2, the black ones sitting in a box somewhere.

razorrazoo

Hope cable discs anyone ?.(this isnt mine, belongs to The Ken on retrobike. I’ve a nos pair of the mk2, the black ones sitting in a box somewhere.

Judging by the disc brake thread there’s plenty of gullible STWers that will pay a good price for them.

beer247
    Free Member

I thought the FSA PowerPros were expensive? It was the FSA sidewinders that were cheap! Could bugger the axle interface in about 3 rides!

Thank god that bottom bracket/crank design moved on!

Also, my mate had a pair of DDG floozys – look them up!

jamesoz

I thought the FSA PowerPros were expensive?

Dunno, I had a set of CNC FSA cranks, I really liked them as they didn’t creak or fall off.

Can’t remember what they were called.

They snapped in a moment of brilliant timing. I’d just mentioned to a riding buddy how pleased I was with them.

beer247
    Free Member

A mate bought the CNC ones and ended up wrecking them during the install

He ended up using araldite to stick them onto the axle……..

I think they were FSA Afterburners

mudfish

WTB Dirt Drops. Still got em. WTB grease guard hubs still got em.
    Best though – Slingshot. Still got 2!
    I’m a hoarder.

configuration
    Free Member

I recently re-discovered a brand new unused set of SqT Middleburn RS-7 cranks with old school 110mm BCD spider. Bought for a custom bike project I lost interest in (once I realised that spending thousands on a frame wouldn’t actually offer any advantage over something off the peg, and I’d be constantly worried about it getting scratched or stolen). In my Spare Bits Box™, I’ve also got some carbon Easton Haven bars, bought when CRC were selling them off for daft money (£40 iirc), unused in a box. Original XTR M900 front and rear mechs, that seem to be only going up in value (for Retrobikers at least). A set of original or perhaps 2nd generation SIDs, that need a service, and some original Judy DH’s (80mm of travel!!) and a whole load of other perfectly good but now redundant bits and pieces. Quite a few bits are just a bit too nice to put on my commuter or whatever. And a set of Magura HS11s that just need a new hose and a bleed. The list goes on. And I haven’t even looked at the pile of tyres in the coal hole; there’s stuff from the early 90s in there…

csb

Am I imagining that the CRC warehouse in NI flooded once and they sold off a load of stuff with authentic floodwater still in the packets?

tomhoward

Nah, that happened.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.