Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Compatibility issues with Stans Rims and UST tyres?
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

Before I click confirm has anyone had any issues between UST tyres and Stans rims? more specifically
    Continental Rubber Queen/ Trail King UST and Stans Crests?
    First time I had my Crests I failed to get some older Rubber queen(non tubeless) due to it been simply too tight,
    Can I assume the UST will be an easy fit?

Thanks for the help,
    One very disgruntled owner of a ripped rear tire on a beautiful sunny Saturday!

slackalice
    Free Member

Are you following the ‘way’ for getting tyres onto a Stan’s? By using the central well in the rim for the first bead whilst popping in the second?

Edit: No probs here with Bc Protection MK2 on a crest.

tacopowell
    Free Member

Are you following the ‘way’ for getting tyres onto a Stan’s? By using the central well in the rim for the first bead whilst popping in the second?

I used every trick in the book,
    Not purchased the UST RQ yet, Thought I’d ask others experiences first.

No probs here with Bc Protection MK2 on a crest.

The Protechtion tyres are UST??

slackalice
    Free Member

I don’t think so. They are tubeless compatible though. There’s a difference between the two and IIRC, it’s more to do with the sidewall rather than the bead.

Hope you get it sorted

Northwind

I haven’t used many USTs, just Nevegals (terrible in UST btw) and I think a minion, no probs.

Can you get it to mount onto the bead with a tube? That’s a good acid test.

Gribs

I’m using that combo in UST on Stans Flows and they went on easy enough. I can’t say I’ve ever had tyres that were overly difficult to get on though.

cnud
    Free Member

Just a word of warning, if you do any sort of drops to flat or are heavy handed on your landings, you may want to reconsider putting a RQ on the back. I’ve had 3 new tyres deform the bead, rendering them useless. 2 ust 2.2s and 1 tubeless ready 2.4 all different batches, all BC. Great rolling, grippy tyre but not very robust, don’t just take my word for it t’interweb is full of stories of RQ woe.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Never had a problem with getting UST tyres on stabs rims. I use Maxxis HR Ardent

stu1972
    Free Member

Currently using RQ 2.2 UST’s on Arch EX and went up a dream however were right bastards to get on.

tacopowell
    Free Member

however were right bastards to get on.

Please expand? What lengths did you have to go to?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Compatibility issues with Stans Rims and UST tyres?’ is closed to new replies.