Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Company car insurance…
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

My wife has just done a lovely job of trying to drive my car into a friends front room. Not massive damage, but looks like it needs a new bumper, wing and light – perhaps even some work on the bonnet.

However it’s a company car – anyone know what the impact is of me putting it through the lease company and getting them to fix it? Does my insurance or tax go up? I don’t think I have to pay an excess if I do get it fixed. I’m assuming my insurance on my owned car goes up though some how.

I’m tempted to get it fixed myself but part of me wonders if I claim whether it is “cheaper” in the short run.

Anyone know?

iolo
    Free Member

Your company pays insurance for a company car. If it’s broken their insurance fixes it.
    I had a bump on the m4 a few years back in heavy rain. No bother and I paid nothing. Don’t worry.

footflaps

I’m assuming my insurance on my owned car goes up though some how.

You’ll have to declare the bump if your wife is insured, which may put the premium up.

As for the company car, that gets fixed for free.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    m0rk
    Free Member

* as long as your wife is allowed to drive your company car of course

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheers, my wife will be relieved

njee20
    Free Member

Again, as long as she’s insured to drive it…

johndoh
    Free Member

I would be surprised if she wasn’t covered – spouses normally are.

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve had two lots of people hitting the back of my car. Not paid a penny and just rang the company and they’ve put it through the insurance.

My mrs can be added to the insurance but they must be notified of her information before hand.

sandwicheater

I would be surprised if she wasn’t covered – spouses normally are.

Never assume. My wifes company car is for employees only. I can be added but a few hoops had to be jumped through.

scotroutes

Last company car I had, we had to pay for “self-inflicted” damage.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Just double checked and she is insured. So thinking might just put it through. We only have to pay if there are 2 claims for the same driver in 12 months. Means she’s not allowed to drive it now for a year and will have to stick with the Toyota Hiace! Glamourville!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Company car insurance…’ is closed to new replies.