Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Companies with top notch customer service
  • ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Osprey
    Turner (bikes)
    Cotic

And as Normal Man said, Hope depends on who you deal with and what mood they are in.

lycanthropefailed
    Free Member

Bird
    Paramo
    Alpkit
    CRC

Bez

SJS Cycles have gone above and beyond the call of duty for me on more than one occasion.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Alpkit are outstanding, including the Sonder bikes side of the business.

Exposure are good.

Hope are good.

Nextday.bike aka nextdaytyres are good.

My local UK Cycles, have a good relationship with the guys down there, works well both ways. Maidstone branch.

geex
    Free Member

Hope depends on who you deal with and what mood they are in.

Massively these days.
    Shame really.

PePPeR

I’d say the similar to the above about Hope, were quite offish when I contacted them about some headset issues I had years ago, haven’t bothered them since.

Giant were impressive when I bought a Giant MTB back in 99 it had hopeless cable disc brakes which were useless compared to the cheaper model in the range with V brakes. They took it back and came back with a full set of Magura Louise instead, still have one of the brakes on my wife’s bike now.. Great customer service.

BoardinBob

Oakley have been garbage in my experience

I have a backpack that’s fallen to pieces. The warranty claim process has been horrifically bad. Spent ages going through various emails then referred to a website that asked for everything I’ve ever done in my adult life, stopping short of asking to send in a stool sample.

Then get an email back saying “sorry, we only handle warranty claims for sunglasses, we’ll pass your details to the right department”

3 weeks and I’ve heard nothing. It’ll be the last Oakley product I ever buy

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Turner Bikes have been great over the years and the few times I had any issues it was often sorted out with David Turner emailing me personally .
    Its service like that that keeps customer loyalty.

dumbbot
    Free Member

The lads at Stanton are first rate.

daern
    Free Member

Garmin.

Nope. Nope this so much.

My Edge 1000’s power button failed when it was slightly outside of warranty. This is definitely a known issue as there are a ton of people on the forums with the same issue, complaining about the case splitting despite relatively light usage.

Their answer: We don’t repair anything. We can only offer you a refurb device…for nearly £200. So, £200 to fix a split rubber seal on the back section of the case? Having a larf. I tried everything to persuade them to relent, but they were having none of it and, in the end, I repaired it myself (very effectively, it must be said!) and it’s been fine 12 months later.

I like their kit. They are still the best bike computers on the market, even though Wahoo have acted as a disrupter, but I’d have to think very carefully before buying another.

larkim
    Free Member

AA Home insurance (well, their agents) turned around and fully paid a claim for theft of three bikes under a standard home insurance garage contents policy in less than 12 hours from submission of claim form. New for old, accepted the arguments that new were more expensive than we’d paid for the old.

andrewh
    Free Member

Hope
    Exposure
    Marin
    John Lewis
    (Experience of a friend) Trek
    No hassle from any of them, Marin especially went above and beyond (Had three Marins as a result, it does pay)

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Another vote for Roofbox.co.uk
    Also snapped a pin on a set of Altera roofbars (no idea how, it came with an allen key set to the correct torque). They apologised profusely and sent a set of more expensive Thule wing bars for the same price (which have a similar pin that’s 2x the diameter compared to the Altera)

Garmin have been good with a couple of issues – advance replacements done before receiving the broken watch back.

Wiggle are also very good. I tried to buy a smart trainer elsewhere over Christmas, and the other company didn’t reply to phone calls, e-mails. I cancelled and bought from Wiggle – here within 2 days.

John Lewis also very good. Feel like they have a stake in the business (which they actually do).

trumpton
    Free Member

tft tuned.

Marin
    Free Member

Fred Perry
    My little wet room crew.

kilo

Shimano because virtually everything of theirs I’ve bought, and over the years there’s been loads, including fairly basic kit, works and keeps working. That’s great customer service as opposed to chucking out beta products

arogers
    Free Member

+1 for Shimano. For me, they’re almost so faultless that they’re easy to forget. The stuff just works and keeps working for ages. I’ve been mountain biking for over 20 years and every bike has had Shimano components (some more than others). I’ve never had the need to warranty anything. I know some people who’ve had issues with brakes and they’ve always been sorted out with no fuss. I dabbled with SRAM recently but won’t again.

Edit: I’ve just remembered I did once have a Zee mech clutch fail. They sent me a new one immediately.

Giant have been very good to me also. Seemed to take great pride in their products (and some other companies’ products which came on their bikes).

TRP Excellent – sent me spares FOC from the US. Not even warranty issues, I just sent them an email to ask where I could buy a bleed kit and some seals.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Companies with top notch customer service’ is closed to new replies.