Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Compact cameras c.£100
  • Stu_N

My 8 year old Sony has seen better days. Looking at getting a small camera for carrying about with me, biking use etc. Already have a decent superzoom compact so not looking for anything super-fancy; thinking about the £100 mark. Priorities are small size, a sports mode and probably image stabiliser.

Top contenders seem to be Panasonic FS-10 or FS-11, or Canon Powershot A-3200, both of which can be had for the right amount of money.

Preferably getting it from Amazon as I have vouchers for most of it.

Any ideas?

mieszko
    Free Member

I wanted to suggest a Canon Ixus 100IS but the Powershot seems like a good camera as well. The Ixus is a very nice camera, small, aluminium body, HD movies and image stabilisation. Usually over £100 but there were some refurbished on eBay for around £100. A friend got one based on good reviews and is happy with hers.

Northwind

I paid £100 for my Ixus 130 from the factory refurb shop on ebay, fantastic bit of kit- tiny, tough, and takes very good pics. My third Ixus and they’ve all been great.

Stu_N

IXUS 105 in slightly minging blue for £105?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member
    leffeboy

100 quid always seems such a dodgy price point. Evryone seems to concentrate on megapixels so beyond 100 Asa the photos are so noisy as to be unusable :(, which means that sports photos tend not to work too well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Compact cameras c.£100’ is closed to new replies.