Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Compact camera mounts for MTB handlebars?
  • angryhalfling
    Free Member

Do any of you good people know of a reliable mount for a compact camera, its a Lumix TZ9. It’s for trail centre stuff – I do like my jumps and what have you so it needs to be very robust. I cant afford a gopro and with the lumix not having continuous shooting this seems to be the best use I can now find for it.

Any help much appreciated 🙂

Bez

Ultrapod Go might be worth a look, though I suspect the ball mount would move on proper off-road.

angryhalfling
    Free Member

Thanks for the link but I don’t think that looks robust enough for off roading?

I’ve been trying to find stuff online but its really difficult to tell from looking at the pics if they’ll do the job. I’m hoping some mountain biker people who’ve successfully used bar mounted cameras can give me a heads up 🙂

somafunk

I use one of these for my Aee hd video camera (cheap go-pro thingy) and it works ok,

Available from here for £13.99 , it works very well on smooth trails but as soon as the trail gets a bit rough then the action looks shaky due to the bike bouncing around – despite saying that it holds the camera very securely and for extra measure i cut up an old inner tube and wrapped that around the handlebar before attaching the clamp.

TooTall
    Free Member

Why do you want to take a load of really blurred pictures? They would only be on the smooth bits as well if you’ve got to take a hand off the bars to press the shutter.

user-removed
    Free Member

Down this road lies madness. I’ve tried several handlebar mounts for various compacts. They’re much of a muchness, but the videos are all bad. As above, the second the trail gets bumpy, the picture is un-watchable.

If you just want stills, use the self-timer and a Gorilla-Pod.

angryhalfling
    Free Member

Down this road lies madness. I’ve tried several handlebar mounts for various compacts. They’re much of a muchness, but the videos are all bad. As above, the second the trail gets bumpy, the picture is un-watchable.

Darn so its basically not worth the bother? Just this GoPro larks rather expensive, just for some food for thought are their any cheaper and useable options for lid mounted cams if their really the only way to go?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Compact camera mounts for MTB handlebars?’ is closed to new replies.