Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Commuting Video
  • MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Shot using my patented 'Crotch CamTM' for a close up view of my cycle commute

Surrey to Canary Wharf cycle commute

thepurist

Only got 44sec in and I can already tell this aint gonna be pretty – good luck!

obirobkeno
    Free Member

That's a cool video… I was playing "Spot all the places I know" all of the way through – I lost count… 🙁

Rob.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

RLJ'ing, riding on the pavement…. there'll be trouble!

Jimbo
    Free Member

Approx. 04:37. Does sir get scalped by the guy on the white bike? 😀 'tis a good vid. Although when you're out of the saddle, it's a bit too close to close-up shots in, uhhh…certain, ummm…movies…for comfort!

rs
    Free Member

thats a very strange point of view, it looks like you have giant grasshopper legs or something, couldn't watch much as they were freaking me out 😯

zaskar
    Free Member

Great vid but felt as he was sitting on my head or I was hiss b*lls!

steve_b77
    Free Member

RLJ'ing, pavements, wrong way on a cycles lane, racing – excellent commuting 😀

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Actually a really good video ! I watch it all the way through couldn't believe it.

Music is great and nicely paced 🙂

With out a doubt the greatest commuting video to date.

Toasty

Agreed 🙂 Far more exciting than my route in (and about twice as long!)

Crotch cam worked well, wonder how it'd fair on a mtb offroad, never got on with helmet cams.

will
    Free Member

Very nice, I do like this.

rs
    Free Member

Crotch cam worked well, wonder how it'd fair on a mtb offroad, never got on with helmet cams.

This could be a helmet cam 😯 IGMC

Kevevs
    Free Member

That's ace! know a lot of them roads.

ourmaninthenorth

Start new job next week. 17 mile commute. Can't wait..!

oink1
    Free Member

Cool vid 8) – rather you than me in that Londinium traffik tho…

turboferret

Absolutely fantastic, I remember one of your previous videos pre-crotchcam which was ace too 8)

Looking forwards to getting back to the UK and commuting again 😀

Think a cam of some sort might be a suitable birthday present to myself 😛

Cheers, Rich

forge197
    Free Member

That's cool

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

cheers guys, glad you liked it.

Jimbo – Member

Approx. 04:37. Does sir get scalped by the guy on the white bike?

not really, he accelerates away from the lights faster than me (rolling start?) but I get him back at 4:42 thereby maintaining my honour. 8)

Toasty – Member

Crotch cam worked well, wonder how it'd fair on a mtb offroad

Here's my MTB movie. I quite like it

Surfr
    Free Member

I liked the angle. It works well on the road at least. WIll have to check out the MTB ones.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Did I see a jumped red light at 42 seconds? 😉 Nice crotch shot 🙂

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

42 secs. Nah, just rolling up to lean on the railings.

mattp
    Free Member

wow – makes me want to cyclecommute but 50 miles door to door is a bit much. you pass right pass my office on tower bridge road. what's the music at 4:14??

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

the music is the same all the way through. Jump Man by Buckethead from the Monsters and Robots album.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

I think this is really good. You've got the same commuting outfit as me too…

househusband

Superb video – way better than most MTB videos I've seen, and good choice in music. Downloaded it when I saw this post and watched it last night on the xbox on the big telly attached to the big sound system.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

jumping a red light – how very impressive. you must be very proud. i couldn't be bothered with more after that.

the_prophet
    Free Member

^ he didnt. read the posts above….

great video. made me look forward to my commute on monday for some reason. i enjoy the ride through traffic for some reason. its a buzz after sitting in the same old congestion in the car for the last 8 or so years.

BruceM
    Free Member

Was an interesting little video good job. Doesnt fill me with the desire to get out and commute to work though, i dont think i could deal with all that traffic.

simonk
    Free Member

Great video makes me miss commuting to work, will be starting again come autumn i cant wait 😀

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i did read his post. crossing the stop-line by that distance through a red light seems like light-jumping to me…

the_prophet
    Free Member

not really, id see it as getting suitable position ahead of traffic. jumping a red light is what half of bristol seem to do, and just slow down check nothings coming and plow on through. positioning ahead of traffic is a good idea as it gives you a chance to get some momentum going before being passed closely by a car / lorry.

Jimbo
    Free Member

i did read his post. crossing the stop-line by that distance through a red light seems like light-jumping to me…[/B]

In the strictest/legal sense maybe, but it weren't as if he continued on, crossing the junction and posing a hazard to other traffic. Sometimes bending the rules a bit makes things a lot easier (read safer, faster).

rOcKeTdOg

great video, makes my commute look like it's wrapped up in cotton wool, you can keep your busy london roads-scary!

druidh
    Free Member

the_prophet – Member

great video. made me look forward to my commute on monday for some reason. i enjoy the ride through traffic for some reason.

I'm never sure if that is a healthy sign 🙂

the_prophet
    Free Member

whys that? 😉

samuri
    Free Member

Much better video than I thought it was going to be. How many cyclists are there in cockneyville? Racetastic!

I'm not sure I could cope with that much traffic every day though, I'd start tooling up…..again.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Commuting Video’ is closed to new replies.