Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Commuters using snake pass!!! Future snow reports please!!!! Blag Blag!!
  • ratswithwings
    Free Member

This is a blagging call out to commuters that use snake pass. I’m one of those bikers living in sheffo that enjoys a damn good snowboard and it gets a little difficult to find out snow conditions upon the tops ….. generally desire to know about snow conditions up on burbage, stanedge, castleton, ladybower bowl, win hill, kinder and anything along the snake pass especially bleaklow. Essentially owt on way out of sheffo into the peaks.

Would be awesome for those that commute from sheff area towards peaks// manchester to let me know conditions that will be developing in the near future.

Heck even an observation from the train would help!!!

cheers!

Top of Limb Valley, Ringinglow Jan 2010

earl_brutus

id love to know if you landed that?

Pook

The limb valley’s a nice ride. Apparently.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

Pook – bike or board? Havent really investigated it on a bike but have been in the Limb on a board. At the moment on a bike I’m enjoying Lady Cannings and the track above LC wood that goes from Ringinglow Road all the way down to sheepscar Lane crossing over the Roman Road on the way down. Stays rideable in all weathers except when the wind is against you which leaves you pedalling like a looney to get any movement.

Also riding the top track on Porter Clough Valley, here’s my mate coming out at the end of it. Very slippy and greasy with all the leaves at the mo though, its a nice tight track with a steep drop on the right hand side.

Earl Brutus! I hope this picture answers your question! 🙂

dropoff

OMG you’ve got a GNU, I was beginning to think I was the only person in the world with one 🙂

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’m thinking you fell flat pretty soon after touch down on that.

ratswithwings
    Free Member

To be honest there was much of a slope down to that spot. Took enough effort just to get in the air without much speed. Other places were better but I mainly board on my own this was one of the rare chances when I had someone with me that had a camera.

I got that GNU from smackexchange a few years ago. I have a rome cheapstick now but still bring out the gnu! I dont see many around at all !!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Commuters using snake pass!!! Future snow reports please!!!! Blag Blag!!’ is closed to new replies.