• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • commuters is it time..
  • rp16v
    Free Member

to remove the mudgaurds from my road bike yet??
    they make a hell of a racket and getting on my wick.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Get some better mudguards, my Whyte ones have been rattle free all winter.
    You do know that as soon as you take them off it’s going to rain for at least another month.

Gary_M
    Free Member

to remove the mudgaurds from my road bike yet??

Utter madness, I leave mine on all year round. But then again I have a winter/wet day commuter and a non winter dry day one that’s guard free 🙂

STATO
    Free Member

Is it not instead time you learnt how to fit them properly?

amedias
    Free Member

As above, properly fitted decent guards do not rattle, and in this country they stay on all year round!

rp16v
    Free Member

have tried all the tricks iv seen its on a small defy running giant gaurds so under brake clearance is very shy

trail_rat
    Free Member

are they the specific giant defy guards ? – they are the only guards i have ever got to fit nice and quiet and retaining rigidity on in use. you can bodge other guards on but they end up being so hacked about they fall apart in short order.

rp16v
    Free Member

yes giants own older style ones not the new ones
    its not a rattle is the top of the guard hitting the top of the tyre as the struts are non adjustable across the guard

prawny

I’ve just got a new bike and I’m frantically trying to bodge my guards onto it before the inevitable spring deluge comes. Might have tonight off but I have to get it sorted this weekend

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Yep, take them off, because it never rains in the summer……

fasthaggis

Utter madness, I leave mine on all year round. But then again I have a winter/wet day commuter and a non winter dry day one that’s guard free

That,that^^ right there.
    I may take off the winter lights now though.
    #canneverhavetoomanybikechoices 😉

hooli

Please don’t all remove them, it will cause a weeks solid downpour and ruin the drying trails.

jeffl

I never got round to putting mine on this winter thus avoiding the dilemma.

Saccades
    Free Member

Am I the only commuter that doesn’t run mudguards?

rp16v
    Free Member

Commuted for about 2 years with no gaurds but got them cheap so thought why not and massivley suprised how much they save the upspay from wet roads not just while raining and the bike is staying much cleaner
    in all honesty if i can get them to not rattle as much they will stay on just need to no what to modify realy

benp1

My guards are on year round – it still rains in summer, and even if it’s stopped raining I can still get wet from a wet road

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘commuters is it time..’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.