Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Commuter lights set up
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just been asked by Mum to recommend some lights for my sister for Christmas. The only riding she does is commuting along a country road and occasional ride to the kids school. Less that £30

My thoughts were 2 or 3 rear lights with as much flashing distraction as she can get and then spend what is left on a front light or head torch. This is based on the idea that she is most likely to be killed when hit by a car from behind rather than riding into something.

Anyone do this sort of riding got any recommendations?

Dobbo

A DX light paired with a couple of Airbike SL2s is OK for a commute.

😉

Albanach
    Free Member

Buy 2 sets of these from Wiggle. I use them and they are pretty good for getting seen.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allthepies
    Free Member

The man's* on fire! 😆

* dobbo

bongobiker
    Free Member

Don't go mad with the flashing rear lights. The more lights flashing the more people will stare at them which inturn causes them to drive where they're staring. Non flashing lights would probably be better.

Stoner
    Free Member

Cateye TL-LD1000, about £28

pity its a bit pricey – but I reckon one of these on the back and anything cheap up front would do.

Stoner
    Free Member

The more lights flashing the more people will stare at them which inturn causes them to drive where they're staring

eh?

DezB
    Free Member

Definitely that Smart rear light, as in Albanach's link. Changed a Blackburn Mars2 for one of those – laughed out loud when I put it on in my garage – So bright! and £8.
    Not sure what to recommend for front as I use Ay-Ups, but I'm sure that Smart would be fine.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Have emailed mother with Albanach link.

Thanks all

crazy-legs

That Smart rear light is bonkers bright, truly retina burning even in heavy traffic. 🙂

dmiller
    Free Member

I have one of those smart 1/2watt lights and its crazy bright…

Proper retina burning stay the **** away from me if you want to see ever again bright… I love it! 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Commuter lights set up’ is closed to new replies.