Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Commuter E-bike musings – doing it cheaper?
  • simondbarnes

I like the look of the pendix kit expensive tho – well over £1000 iirc. Mid mount and torque sensing

£1699rrp (£50 more for the Brompton one which I’ve ridden briefly and seemed to work nicely)

willard

CYC-X1… Wow. 3000w. I thought that the legal limit on power was waaaaay less than that.

Talking about build quality though, my mechanic and I were discussing that the other week and he is horrified at the poor choice of materials on the cheaper end of the pre-built systems. His opinion is that they are just taking normal bikes and components and then bolting heavy torquey things to them and selling them for a grand. The state they get to because of the unusual wear and tear is phenomenal apparently.

That Bafang mid-drive thing looks really well put together though, nicely integrated.

tjagain

For the UK it is if you want to be raod legal – its 250w. Its 1000w in the us IIRC so that motor I doubt is legal for road use anywhere unless you register as a motorbike

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Commuter E-bike musings – doing it cheaper?’ is closed to new replies.