• This topic has 22 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Commuter cams ??
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

After ending up statistic today any one got any recomendations for a commuter cam?

A colleague has a set of ikam specs he bought in the states for 90 usd – cant find them here but quality of vid is great.

Think its 720 output ?

Dont really want a hero cam as sticks out on top of head obviously and

Any shaped like a use joystick ?

Ideas please.

project
    Free Member
    bruneep

projects linky

Oh stealth edit by project

trail_rat
    Free Member

after a good look about …. one of those cameras has been bought.

zilog6128

I hope the quality of the video is better than on the youtube vid! You can’t even read the plates properly. Not had any incidents myself fortunately but it is something I often think about. I will probably end up getting a camera at some point, most likely a Contour HD, as they seem to be good quality, fairly discreet and not too much money. Plus could use it as a “proper” camera if I go boarding or something.

trail_rat
    Free Member

tbh im not concerned about near misses – more for things like what happened yesterday where i was in shock and forgot to do many important things.

DezB
    Free Member

after a good look about …. one of those cameras has been bought.

They’re not 720p, that’s for sure. But you can get number plates. And you will, cos you’ll ‘go looking for trouble’ (©STW) .

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Longer running times would be good on these cameras – maybe some sort of dynamo system

bigjim

are those waterproof? was quite impressed with a friend’s muvi quality for the size of the thing.

drofluf
    Free Member

I’ve got a DogCam Bullet HD wide – cost about £100. Used it a couple of times and been very impressed with the results. Even on a gloomy day you can read numberplates

Sum
    Free Member

I had one of those 7dayshop cameras last year. The video quality wasn’t good and number plates were difficult to make out. I found it to be something of a faff to use as well. The camera packed in within the warranty period but I never bothered trying to get a replacement.

The DogCams look good. Has anyone tried the RoadHawk RIDE Bullet HD Camera? do they offer any advantages over the DogCam for the cyclist?

P7Pro

Has anyone used a DogCam Bullet HD wide when commuting in the dark? What’s the quality like?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Try again 7 dayshop fail

Payday also happened

Can a confour roam 2 do continuous loop recording ? – if it could it be good for recording medocore xc jeying and skiing amongst other things

Can any of the decent quality cameras ?

If not roadhawk it is.

project
    Free Member

Try again 7 dayshop fail

Payday also happened

camera failed or shop failed.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Shop

trail_rat
    Free Member

bump for the morning commuter crew….

i blame not having a cam for me not commuting to work right now – but really its the gale force winds battering the north east right now 😉

bigjim

There are now 3 regular commuters I see on my walk to work with gopro’s on their helmets.

One of them last night slowed down next to the front of each car and bent down to look directly at the driver as he undertook a queue at a traffic light. I can’t figure out if it was a veiled threat, “I’ve filmed your face, don’t hit me”, or intimidation, or just extreme paranoia, but it was completely ridiculous, cycling equivalent of pointing at a gun on your belt really. Odd.

grum
    Free Member

One of them last night slowed down next to the front of each car and bent down to look directly at the driver as he undertook a queue at a traffic light. I can’t figure out if it was a veiled threat, “I’ve filmed your face, don’t hit me”, or intimidation, or just extreme paranoia, but it was completely ridiculous, cycling equivalent of pointing at a gun on your belt really. Odd.

Jesus. What a strange world we live in. 😕

@DezB – people who have cams for commuting are definitely normal eh? 😛

trail_rat
    Free Member

which is why i dont want a go pro – i want a fit and forget not in your face insurance policy as the “safe” roads i use are not all that safe in reality – its just a matter of time before it happens again – too many junctions , driveways etc etc …

i think the roadhawk is the correct way forward.

allthepies
    Free Member

Don’t forget to smugly shout-out the car registrations in a high-pitched voice.

trail_rat
    Free Member

why do you do that allthepies? – is your camera shit and doesnt show the reg 😉

Pierre

My little Muvi fitted neatly into the centre front vent of my old helmet, but TBH it was a faff charging it and remembering to delete the footage.

DezB
    Free Member

@DezB – people who have cams for commuting are definitely normal eh?

One of them

hmm?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Commuter cams ??’ is closed to new replies.