Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Commonwealth Road TT
  • Houns

Anyone going to watch today?

GT would be the only rider I’d be interested in seeing (sorry), may have a ride out to Himley and watch there, or may just watch the beautiful sights of the Wrenner on the TV coverage

Haze

Going up in about an hour to watch the women go through, will probably be on the descent from Sedgley or up in town if it’s not too busy.

Then home to catch mens first wave at the bottom of our road before walking up to Catholic Lane for the second wave.

Should be quick through the Wrenner!

Houns

It’s a bumpy course, there’s going to be some fast speeds and some tight turns at the bottom of some descents

Haze

Rode some of it last night, it’s a tough course…descent down Moden is tricky, wouldn’t fancy it on a TT bike.

Cotwall End has seen a few repairs over recent weeks but is still bumpy as hell, the left hander at the bottom could also be interesting! I’ll be there for the first wave I think unless I get dragged anywhere else.

Houns

Wave to the cameras, I’ll try and spot later when watch recording back

cvilla

Is ‘G’ doing the TT….I see a chap called Fred doing OK…;) just trying iplayer

cvilla

Looks like a maybe just not started yet….. (edit) seems to be waves / groups going out…keep watching:)

crazy-legs

Think G is out last in about an hour or so.
    Fred Wright currently in the hot seat!

slowoldman

Oops!

Haze

Enjoyed that, spent a fair chunk of it on Catholic Lane…great atmosphere!

Watched the first wave of the mens down Cotwall End, they were flying down there.

Loads out for it, very positive after all the weeks of moaning from the vocal minority!

MoreCashThanDash

We were in the start/finish village, MrsMC got tickets for my birthday.

Lovely day – watched the women’s event start, wandered round to the big screen to watch some of it, then got on the barrier at about 125m from the finish to watch them come in. We’re in the crowd of the finish shots.

Same again for the men’s race(s – not sure why they split it in two), except by that point the women riders were watching with the crowd At one point we were sat between the Gibraltar and Ghanaian squads.

Alex Yee the triathlete is much smaller, slimmer and younger in real life. He was an absolute star with everyone wanting to chat and get a selfie.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Does Geraint have a clause in his contract that he must crash x times per season? 🙄

Bunnyhop

Fred Wright is having a fabulous year.

Does anyone know why G was shaking his head and on the radio? His knees were bloodied which was understandable. I’ve only just watched the recording and not caught up with any interviews.

Looking forward to the road race on Sunday.

Houns

I thought his rear mech was jumping slightly when they showed a close up of it

tpbiker
    Free Member

It was a fairly mixed ability field wasn’t it! I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have come last in that race, which speaks volumes about the quality at the end of the field

Lass who rides in my local tt’s came 6th which was brilliant.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

last was a lad from the bahamas, 21 minutes 37s back, 32.633kph average

fred wrights strava shows 36.92km with 549m of elevation

MoreCashThanDash

It was a fairly mixed ability field wasn’t it!

Inclusive is the word you were looking for. But everyone seemed to enjoy it.

Was surprised how big the Gibraltar squad was. Must be an odd place to have so many time triallists. You’d think it would produce more hill climbers.

tpbiker
    Free Member

last was a lad from the bahamas, 21 minutes 37s back, 32.633kph average

fred wrights strava shows 36.92km with 549m of elevation

Fred wright went by my calculations around 46 kph average for the course. The speed difference is huge!

stevious

Some guy from a small country called ‘England’ clearly hasn’t learned to corner properly

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.