Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Commercial lets – prices?
  • bencooper
    Free Member

So might be looking for new premises next year – before I start seriously looking I’ve been glancing about, and lots of letting agents say things like “From £1.50 per square foot”

But is that per annul, per month, per week, what?

Just wondering what’s standard in the industry so I know what’s practical 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Industrial b2/b8 can be anywhere from 50p to £6 psf pa rent. Add c. 50% for rates and s/c.

Retail will be more like £10-30 psf pa for provincial lower grades.

bencooper
    Free Member

Great, that’s very useful, thanks 😉

No rates for me – 100% small business relief…

maccruiskeen

No rates for me – 100% small business relief…

But that related to the rateable value of the property not the size of your business- its 100% upto a certain ceiling (which I forget) so if you are looking at bigger places you want to know what the rates you’re getting rebated would be. Don’t trust the vendor on this I’ve friends who’ve been quite wounded, financially, by rates proving to be much higher than they were advised.

Theres not reason to trust that these rebates will be around for ever either, so even if you’re under the threshold its still important to know what they would be.

bencooper
    Free Member

Good point, yes, cheers 😉

I’d still be looking at somewhere small – currently in 600sqft retail, thinking of around 1000sqft industrial. So hopefully still under the threshold.

chewkw
    Free Member

Was told yesterday that in the South the price could go as high £7/sq ft but here in the GeordieLand at £2/sq ft.

I think that is monthly or per annum.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Commercial lets – prices?’ is closed to new replies.