Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Commencal – (actual) delivery times?
  • hora
    Free Member

Whats your experience, from order to delivery?

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Took a week for mine to arrive,paid on 23 Dec and arrived on the 30 Dec.
    Pretty good considering it was over the holidays 🙂
    I had a tracking number for Fedex in France that said it was still in France but was actually with my next door neighbour. 😀
    What i mean is that the French fedex did not update and the UK fedex did not have any notice of the bike in transit and the French tracking number did not work.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Very similar experience. Took less than a week from placing the order but tracking number/order info was next to useless. Package was on the doorstep but all info stated still in France.

They do get some really good clearance offers on their website too.

hora
    Free Member

Hope its less than a week. Its bank holiday next week 🙁

kayla1
    Free Member

I ordered some t-shirts a while ago and they arrived within a few days. They’re a little more reticent with cancellations and refunds though- the following order I placed I ended up having to cancel and it took a week or so and a paypal dispute to hurry things along 😕

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yep, less than a week. Tracking is non-existent but I’ve ordered several complete bikes from them and all have been delivered within 2-3 days with the best packaging I’ve seen. Top service!

hora
    Free Member

Do they start packing or moving over a weekend? (Ordered Fri)

Bregante

I thought you’d bought an intense?

hora
    Free Member

Had/sent it back. It was missing dropouts etc.

Bregante

Is that a new record? 😀

hora
    Free Member

😆 but I didnt build it..

Bregante

Answer the question 😀

hora
    Free Member

By a country mile Sir! 😀

Bregante

Just checking.

With most people the answer would be obvious but, y’know……

mamadirt
    Free Member

Do they start packing or moving over a weekend? (Ordered Fri)

Wouldn’t have thought so. I’ve ordered on a Monday/Tuesday before and had deliveries by Thursday.

hora
    Free Member

It came and I was running round trying to source the missing bolt through, plus plates but as Im still ill I thought I cant ride this weekend anyway so no rush. I’d test ridden a STW’ers Commy and I thought on hindsight…. But hindsight that can be visited this time 8)

renton
    Free Member

I thought you didn’t want a single pivot bike??

hora
    Free Member

Its a 4-bar, linkage driven shock. My Butcher was linkage driven.

A straight forward SP is a Heckler.

renton
    Free Member

Which frame is it ?

Most of the current crop are faux bar.

I’m sure when I asked you before you said you didn’t want one as it was a single pivot.

Edit ……

Me .What happened to the commencal??

Hora…. I don’t want single pivot.

Taken from this thread….
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/intense-tracer2-owners-anyone-manchester-or-nearish

akip
    Free Member

2 weeks order to door (France to Finland), but that was apparently because they chose the wrong courier, who realised the box was too big for them, held it for a while in Germany, and then decided to continue shipping it in any case.

Meta V4 AM in question, which is definitely a linkage-driven single pivot, and a beautiful one (to look at and ride) at that.

hora
    Free Member

Akip if its two weeks I’ll scream!

Bregante

You could squeeze another frame in during that two weeks hora!

hora
    Free Member

Only one frame? 8)

Had a road spin round Calderdale today. Gawd it was dull.

Bregante

Yep. Get it sold then.

Rickos
    Free Member

Ordered on a Friday in Mid-December and it arrived the following Thursday. As above, tracking said it was still in Paris!

Great bike.

hora
    Free Member

Its currently holidaying in Lille 8)

hora
    Free Member

For anyone doing a search- despatched Monday am. Landed/delivered Tues am.

Order included shock + headset

jamesfts
    Free Member

Sorry in advance for poorly disguised “I’m getting a new bike” post…

Given what is currently happening at the Channel Tunnel what is the general opinion on how this might affect delivery times?

My last order turned up in less than a week but placed this order last Monday and no sign yet, tracking says it left French post on the 31st.

hora
    Free Member

Truck etc queues seem to be the other way? Tbh either way its worth it.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Judging by the (limited) tracking info they’ve given it looks to have come via train so unsure as to whether it’ll have been delayed or not.

Either way I’m keeping an eye on every delivery van that turns up at the office!

cokie

One of life’s most cruel (first world) problems.
    Waiting for a new bike is a mixture of euphoria and anxiety.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Tell me about it, been waiting 3 weeks and a day for my Rallon and it’s gone from ‘should be here on 4th’ to ‘no, it’s being built on 4th’! Gaargh! I want to ride it this weekend and spend at least an evening applying helitape and doing a bunch of component swaps.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

For what relevance it has, I have been waiting for a work related item (heavy pump) to be shipped from France and it has been sat in Calais for over 2 weeks now so it appears that there are delays on cargo in both directions.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Cock. Could have kept that to your self! 😉

A big box from Burgtec has turned up to keep me quiet for now, still no sign of anything from Commencal or Mavic though.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Wheel now here as well.

Come on Commencal, sort it out – seems crazy there is no tracking from the point it is handed over from the French couriers.

stevied
    Free Member

I thought, when I saw your update, that you’d had a delivery 🙁 Rich says it serves you right for buying French… 😉

jamesfts
    Free Member

Wishful thinking mate!

Better French than a filing cabinet 😉

stevied
    Free Member

😆

skiprat
    Free Member

Ordered from Alltricks last thursday and box arrived monday. That was all done with UPS so not sure how they get here but happy with the service.

hora
    Free Member

Eh what? Dropper or a birthday treat skip’???

Dont be coy, spill..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Commencal – (actual) delivery times?’ is closed to new replies.