Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Commencal 5.5.2 meta broken sus linkage?????
  • innit_gareth
    Free Member

Has anyone snapped a linkage on their commencal.

Mine went a couple of weeks ago on a 20cm drop. Where’s the best place to source a new one.

Been quoted 90 quid thus far – even more extortionate than their mech hangar prices! As the bike is 2 1/2 years old now sadly no warranty.

its the front linkage

MRanger156
    Free Member

Try Real Cycles, very helpful – they send me a free linkage bolt when i bent mine. I think those linkage plates are expensive though so £90 could be right!

cheers_drive

I cracked one on a 2005 Meta 5 – the linkage was machined then, they are forged now. The replacement was £100 and the cost of new bearings (which are worth replacing anyway).
    Real cycles 2nded

innit_gareth
    Free Member

Cheers for the feedback – real cycles it is then.

innit_gareth
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, I’ll speak to Real.

thepodge
    Free Member

do you have a friendly machine shop near you? take the broken bit down, i’m sure they would knock you up something if you dropped them a bottle of whiskey and £20

DeeW
    Free Member

You might me lucky asking at your friendly local madison dealer: is a well known issue so Madison may replace them despite being out of warranty.

As has been said, newer ones supposedly stronger but £100 a pair: WTF?

Dave

innit_gareth
    Free Member

Yep,

Link here http://www.realcycles.com/products.php?plid=m24b58s211p1350

At 100 smackeroonies it would be worth getting them machined – but will just bite the bullet and pay the rip off or it will never get sorted…

DaveP

For something that has a known fault and was rectified then you would hope/expect the supplier to do something.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Commencal 5.5.2 meta broken sus linkage?????’ is closed to new replies.