Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Coming up north
  • Tracey

All loaded up, apart from the bikes, and ready for off. After 7 years of spending time biking over the new years hols in Wales, we decided to see what Scotland has to offer. We are staying in Peebles. Doing Newcastleton on the way up, Glentress on Tues and Wed, not made our minds up for where to ride Thurs and Fri
    Whats the weather been like ? If your up there give us a wave, you wont miss Abigales pink Reign

Happy New Year to all

Tracey

devs
    Free Member

Hey Tracey,
    Shame you’re not coming further north, I’d have met up. It would be nice to see you all again. We’ve got outings to Golspie tomorrow and Laggan on Tues. If you’re riding thurs, wherever it is, it’ll be quiet! I’ll be a drunken mess somewhere hopefully!! We’re doing the Monster trails on Ben Aigan and Fochabers on Fri. It’s not been above freezing up here for the last couple of days so everything is frozen solid and fast fast fast! Have fun.

Smee
    Free Member

Innerleithen, Gypsy Glen and Yair forest would all be good options close to Peebles.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    druidh
    Free Member

Forecast ’til Friday is cold and clear. Lots of ice about.

Tracey

Hi Devs

Have a good one, may come further north some day. Are you out in the Alps this winter ?. We are out at Easter but with the £ against the Euro it could be the last one

Tracey

devs
    Free Member

Thinking about a week in Austria next month (usually have 2!) and a week at easter too. Will be the same week that I met you and most probably Val d’Isere. Will be avec deux mini-me’s. Exchange rates are a shocker but conditions are such that it makes it worth it. I’ve never done the bike thing in the Alps, I know rents etc are cheaper, is the beer etc cheaper in the summer too? Payng 6 quid a pint makes me feel ill! 😯

Tracey

We are in Val d’Isere on the 4th April, went last year and the snow was awsome

and then back in Verbier for 2 weeks in the summer. Was looking for a weekend boarding at the end of Jan for my birthday, just me and Kevin, but not seen anything in the sales yet

Tracey

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Rather than Newcastleton, I’d do Ae.

The don’t forget to do Innerleithan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Coming up north’ is closed to new replies.