Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • COMET closing down sale has started
  • Konastoner
    Free Member

I went in today, what a pile of crap! mostly 10% off (even though claimed 30%), you’d get a better deal buying from internet.

nealglover
    Free Member

…. you’d get a better deal buying from internet.

That’s what got them here.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It really is a piss poor attempt at an ‘everything must go’ sale, store was full of bewildered people wondering where the great deals were, there weren’t any

project
    Free Member

TRhe thing is the liquidators need to get as much money back from the stock to pay the creditors and their fees, so stuff will be rduced bit by bit every day until all that is left for sale are the shop fittings.

While there show some sympathy for the staff who are loosing their jobs just 7 shopping weeks till xmas, im sure they would love 50%off stock, but then again they want have jobs to pay for it.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Just bought a Bamboo tablet and pen.
    50 quid marked, assistant said there was an extra 15% discount. I took it at that price….. The till then charged 21.24, a little under 60% off. Wished the assistant good luck for the future.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I bought Manfrotto tripod that was marked up as £100 reduced to £80 with 20% off the ticket price. Went through the tills and another 20% was discounted making it only £51.20

rudebwoy
    Free Member

best bet is go round the back, see the people in the warehouse, offer cash– they may do you a real deal 😉

legend
    Free Member

10% off a new DVD player – hold me back!

davidjones15
    Free Member

10% off a new DVD player – hold me back!

What was the extra till discount?

legend
    Free Member

Nope. I’m not buying something on the hope I actually get a decent price when it’s time to pay

davidjones15
    Free Member

You only have to ask the staff and they can pull the price up and as you can see discount moves to 50-60%, but if you can’t be bothered doing that for some reason that’s fine. 😆

Weasel
    Free Member

I purchased a Bosch kettle, iron & toaster all cheaper than I could find advertised elsewhere. Job done.

superdale
    Free Member

Worth asking the staff. They are still getting deliveries as well. Saved £40 on a Nespresso machine last weekend and am now addicted to the stuff 😀

legend
    Free Member

but if you can’t be bothered doing that for some reason that’s fine.

I just dropped in as I was walking past anyway. As mentioned above, all the customers I saw just looked bewildered too, not exactly a blow out sale when the majority appear to be leaving empty handed.

Blackhound

Seems you can get 10% of Apple / Kindle’s which is not possible elsewhere.

tortoisenothair
    Free Member

Went in to buy a Roberts radio but they refused to sell it to me.

as Roberts had not told them what they would do about warranty.

Still had them on display & boxes on shelf got to the till & they told me to put it back.

No-wonder they have gone POP.

kimbers

when i asked the staff they said that it was 10 or 20% and no further discounts?

Rscott
    Free Member

I got some Bose speekers for my tv, they were suposed to get 15% of when i got them to the till the cashier told me she couldn’t sell me them as Bose had recalled there stock as had dyson so they could sell it at full price, she called the manager and he said just to sell them to me,as they couldn’t do anything about it once they had left the store. she proceeded to give me just below 60% off

khani
    Free Member

Just got 20% off a MacBook Air and iPad 4 so all good 😀
    I did feel for the staff though, crap position to be in close to Xmas 😥

willard

Just been for a browse. The shelves at the local branch were looking a bit bare to be honest, but none of the bigger items had gone. The only thing that really caught my eye was a new Apple TV, but this only had 10% off, so I was not _that_ tempted.

All the microwaves were either still stupidly expensive or far too small. No hoovers either.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Utter pish!!

RustySpanner

Nowt left in Burnley – not a Kindle in sight and a ‘one out, one in’ policy at the front door.

We bought a microwave – it’s too small. 😐

Big signs up saying ‘Please don’t ask the staff for further discounts at this difficult time’ too.

wrightyson
    Free Member

The derby one had a sign saying “we have no kindles left but delivery is coming tomorrow”
    Who is supplying these deliveries to a closing down store??

legend
    Free Member

Who is supplying these deliveries to a closing down store??

Any central warehousing they have

Warehouse stock at a guess Wrighty mate

matt_outandabout

Head storage depot is full innnit?

wrightyson
    Free Member

So they’ve obviously still got loads of stuff to shift, we only “nipped in” as we were passing. Some of the prices are ridiculous, and as said above no wonder they’re in the shit!!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

What’s the point in so buying something with so little discount and with no guarantee?

wrightyson
    Free Member

It would have a warranty via the manufacturer.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Anything you buy will still have the manufacturers warranty which are normally handled authorised repair centres.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Sssssh! 👿

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Just been to my local Comet.

Further reductions applied making it worthwhile for a look.

Had a one out, one in policy on the door to create a queue for people to join.

Jamie
    Free Member

I popped in on Monday. Still shite.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ll be waiting for the random odds and sods without chargers or power supplies that are inevitably lying around the back room.

maccruiskeen

I’ll be waiting for the random odds and sods without chargers or power supplies that are inevitably lying around the back room.

even in the good times that pretty much described most of comet’s stock

scholarsgate
    Free Member

It was described as the ‘closure sale’ last few days… etc.

CountZero

Went in last week, looking to see if there were any good discounts on DAB portables. Bugger-all savings, better off going to Sainsbury’s or Tesco. 🙄

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘COMET closing down sale has started’ is closed to new replies.