Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Comedy that still works
  • Premier Icon paton
    Free Member

Premier Icon Cougar

Was that the ‘so these “warmed through” buns are selling exceptionally well” sketch?

Followed by “this surfeit of cooking staff is resulting in a less good soup?”

It was indeed.

I watched Rising Damp the other day, having never really watched it before and was surprised how funny it was

Don Warrington and Richard Beckinsale were a hell of a supporting cast also.

Premier Icon slowoldman

What? Don Warrington was “supporting cast”?

Premier Icon tewit
    Free Member

Hey Duggee… Woof. Timeless.🙂

Premier Icon Cougar

What? Don Warrington was “supporting cast”?

In so far as he wasn’t Leonard Rossiter, I meant.

Premier Icon slowoldman

Aye, I know. Rossiter was a class act in everything he did (even Cinzano adverts) but Don and Frances de la Tour I reckon deserve equal billing in Rising Damp.

Premier Icon sadexpunk

just about to start ‘still game’ on the back of this thread. never heard of it before.

Premier Icon sparksmcguff

just about to start ‘still game’ on the back of this thread. never heard of it before.

If you enjoy “Still game” then “Fags mags and bags” on the radio is very good.

Premier Icon desperatebicycle
    Free Member

Coincidence this appearing, cos in a charity shop they had 10 items for 99p, so I purchased a Little Britain series 1, 2 DVD set. Admittedly not that old, but old enough to be slightly cancelled. I found it utterly hilarious. More so than I remembered. Especially “you didn’t tell me you had such an attractive gran…” 😆

Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

Monty Python. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

‘Allo ‘Allo
    2 Ronnies
    Blackadder
    Morecombe and Wise
    Airplane!

I am noting that most of this stuff was forced upon me by my Dad and it’s left me with a twisted and warped sense of humour, misunderstood by many.

Premier Icon aphex_2k
    Free Member

Peep Show too.

Premier Icon chakaping
    Free Member

I’m three seasons into watching 30 Rock for the first time. It started in 2007 I think and by 2009 it had built up into one of the funniest shows I’ve ever seen.

Also watched the first two episodes of Seinfeld this week, which looks dated visually now but obviously the comedy still works. It’s noticeable how much more leisurely it’s paced, compared to more recent comedy. In some ways it feels closer to Happy Days than 30 Rock or Brooklyn 99.

Premier Icon slowoldman

Hadn’t heard of 30 Rock though it did remind me that one of the few American comedies I was ever able to stomach was 3rd Rock From The Sun. Yes it was daft but…

Premier Icon paton
    Free Member

Premier Icon gobuchul
    Free Member

Alan Partridge
    Black Adder
    Some of the Comic Strip Presents
    The Fast Show

Premier Icon paton
    Free Member

Premier Icon argee

No comments about Jim Davidson or Roy Chubby Brown, thought now ;o)

Premier Icon paton
    Free Member

Premier Icon desperatebicycle
    Free Member

No comments about Jim Davidson or Roy Chubby Brown

Question was “still works”. Their “comedy” never did. Well, never was really.

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.