Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Come on United!
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Fred sometimes you are just a tool this is one of them

That’s right, resort to abuse. 😕

Can’t be arsed ‘discussing’ anything with you any more Junky. Call me a ‘tool’, but get all upset over ‘Bacon Face’?

You lose mate. Ta ta.

carbon337
    Free Member

Canny goal by Bellamy today, thats the difference in perm quality players and championship players (see shola ameobi here). Loving the amount of sport on the beeb at the moment. They should ditch bbc3 crap and have a dedicated BBC sport with no adverts, TFT would be ace.

trailmonkey

It has become a game where hoodwinking the referee is rewarded. Honesty and sportsmanship is all but absent from the game.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago.

Cheating and bad sportsmanship has been a part of the game since I started watching it in the 70’s and I’m sure it was the same before that.

The more successful the side, the worse the conduct – Revie’s Leeds, Paisley/Dalglish’s Liverpool, Graham’s Arsenal, Fergie’s Utd. All dominant teams, all bad eggs. I’ll leave it up to everyone to decide if there’s a link between success and ill behaviour.

Of course Ron Saunders’ Villa side were faultless in their conduct on their way to League and European championships but there always has to be an exception to the rule.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

That’s right, resort to abuse
    Can’t be arsed ‘discussing’ anything with you any more Junky.

so you use denial then some more denial?
    now you play the hurt card all over again 🙄 as if you are respectfully calling me Junky. Blind spot the size of your ego?
    You seem an intelligent fella not sure hwy you defend Liverpool no matter what or get all high and mighty when you think someone has insulted you as if you dont do this yerself.

PS if i was just trying to insult you , and I would not , i would make some reference to you height. You cannot really mount your high horse on this issue …see i could do a good height one after that line if I just wanted to be rude 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheating and bad sportsmanship has been a part of the game since I started watching it in the 70’s and I’m sure it was the same before that.

A part of the game or as big a part? Maybe we just get to see better slowmo and more camera angles but I can’t agree that there is as much diving and simulation in general as the 80s. (I have only hazy memories of the 70s). I’ve also disagreed with you before about the level of haranguing the referee that went on back then…I can’t see us agreeing on that point. I think it has got steadily worse each year, culminating in the Ferguson generation when players were actively encouraged to constantly get in referee’s faces (and not just Ferguson’s team). I also think that this has improved in the last year or so with the introduction of the rule where only the captain can approach the ref. It’s far from perfect though – I can’t see it improving in the near future. Footballers are just not imbued with that level of respect for authority.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Come on United!’ is closed to new replies.