Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Come on then – genuine new year's resolutions…
  • DrP

..to make you/your life better…

Mine – to NOT keep checking my iPad/smart phone when playing/spending time with my son. It makes me feel like a terrible father when I do it, and I don’t want to be a terrible father..

Yours?

DrP

john_drummer
    Free Member

1) lose another stone. two would be better but let’s aim for the achievable eh 😉
    2) brew more, drink less. Hopefully the latter will help with #1

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Pay off my last outstanding credit card and become debt free for the first time in about 7 years, then spend the spare money doing the DIY thats needed so I can sell up and upgrade to something larger than a shoebox!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

5W/kg. Lulz….

Serious one, to eat properly instead of like a 3 year old girl.

jekkyl

blah blah just another day blah blah why wait till 01/01 to do somethibng about your life etc etc.
    before someone else does. 😀

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

try and control my anxieties !

ton

to ride more.
    I have set myself a 500 mile per month target, 340 0f which is commuting, this will help me control my weight a bit better, and hopefully keep me out of the pub every weekend.

3 birds with 1 stone eh……….. 8)

stilltortoise
    Free Member

To multi-task less. There’s a time and a place for juggling more than one thing at once, but I’ve learnt that eventually – for one’s own sanity if nothing else – you need to focus on one thing at a time. This is not just work, but is exactly what DrP was talking about in his OP.

cinnamon_girl

I’m perfect dontcha know. 😀

if only

binners

Pack in smoking. In a plan as cunning as a cunning fox, who’s just been appointed professor of cunning at Oxford university, I did it at the beginning of December. So I’d have a month under my belt before it became a New Years resolution

Clever eh?

*taps nose, knowingly, like a wise grandad*

tomhoward

blah blah just another day blah blah why wait till 01/01 to do somethibng about your life etc etc.

This is my sisters view, though she added ‘You’ve had 352 days since the last one so why now?’

Wait….

psling
    Free Member

Hmmm. Not really a New Year’s Resolution then, eh? You’re going to need to have a blow tonight to make it real 8)

ps @binners
    pps by “blow” I mean smoke a cigarette of course…

carlosg
    Free Member

I’m going to get my weights back from the people that have had them for the last 5 years (have checked , they know I’m comingfor them) and put them to good use getting rid of my belly and other wobbly bits.

chewkw
    Free Member

Positive – start my own small business. 😀

Negative – stop thinking of collecting trophy maggot heads using kukri. 😈

carlosg
    Free Member

Oops double post

andypaul99
    Free Member

Give up coffee.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

To drink more cider 🙂

Its going to be a tough year!

Basil

Stop swearing

Basil

Give up Ebay

RustyMac

1 – Continue to loose weight.
    2 – Leave work at work, I have far more important things to do at home now with a 9 month old little girl.
    3 – Start cycling to work.

bencooper
    Free Member

My New Year’s Resolution will be 1280 x 1024.

raisinhat
    Free Member

My New Year’s Resolution will be 1280 x 1024.

Get with the times, it’s all the the 4K for 2014.

Rorschach
    Free Member

cardo

To pack in the social roll ups at the pub
    To have more/total control over my working day.
    Not to waste any more time than absolutely necessary on people I don’t like.(see number 2)
    To ride my bikes as much as possible

RichPenny
    Free Member

No more cake 🙁

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I really want to be very fit again. I’ve never been particularly unfit but between the ages of 20 and 26 I was supremely fit and full of motivation as a result. I’m 31 now and I can’t remember what it was like to be full of energy and motivated to take part in things – climbing, competitive cycling and running etc.

So I just want to be as fit and full of ‘bounce’ as I was back then. It will have a big impact on my life and my nearest and dearest too.

scary_carey
    Free Member

+1 give up coffee. Managed to give up the black stuff for a good three months earlier in the year but drink more now than ever! I know I’m in for a rough first week as I felt like turd last time I abstained. I found giving up a 20 a day death stick habit easier :/

oldboy
    Free Member

Beer only at weekends for me. GF says she will stop smoking dope. We’ll see how it works out!

porlus
    Free Member

drink less beer, but drink more wine.

enigmas
    Free Member

Eat wayyyy better

Ride as many gravity enduros as i can and try and get at least one top 10

Try and put some money away in a savings account (unlikely though, i’m already eyeing up a new 650b rig and at least 2 weeks in the alps…)

Bregante

Old boy, surely you need more than just beer at the weekends? Perhaps some toast in the morning at least?

transporter13
    Free Member

No real resolutions as such, although a few targets I’d like to complete
    C2C
    Scottish C2C
    Carry on losing weight so I can do the lejog in 2015.

Alphabet

Eat way healthier/better food and loose a bit of weight.

theotherjonv

I’m going to try and do something nice for someone every day, without expecting anything in return. Hold a door, let someone out into traffic, just be nice to someone. Maybe it’ll improve their mood and they’ll also do something nice for someone.

Personally, I’m not going to take work so seriously any more. I’ll do the best I can at it, but I refuse to get down over things I have no control over. At the end of the day, it’s only a job.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Do more with the kids
    Lose more weight
    Beat my 2013 Great North Run time
    Ride my bike(s)

seosamh77
    Free Member

Wake up on 1st January hangover free!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Take the best care I can of my family and . . .

twinw4ll
    Free Member

To try an A class drug.
    Have an affair with a 25yr old.
    Not to be such a boring old fart.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Looking forward to playing badminton with my son and to start running together. Quality father and son time doing something sporty. Shame he won’t ride bicycles.

iamtheresurrection

Totally agree with the OP. Me too.

Lose two stone
    Stop drinking Monday to Friday (it’s only a glass or beer each night, but it’s almost every night)
    To stop trying to relentlessly cram as much in every day, and running at maximum. Not healthy.
    Smile more.

But if succeed with more time with my boys I’ll be happy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Come on then – genuine new year's resolutions…’ is closed to new replies.