Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Combining Raven and Gorlech trails at Brechfa
  • Biffer
    Free Member

OK off to Breachfa on Friday and looking to do both the Raven and the Gorlech trails combined.
    First question – where is the best starting place ? Was thinking of kicking off at Abergorlech so doing most of the red then branching off to the black before the final red descent.

Also approximately how long to do the ride for a group of 3 reasonably fit but not whippet like riders. We do like to enjoy the views if possible !!!

Cheers.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter IMO.

richc
    Free Member

is the red complete open yet? as large chunks of it were shut a few weeks ago. If they are you are better off doing the Black and the Blue IMHO

snaps
    Free Member

I always park at Abergorlech to do the combined red/black, last two times were 3h51m dry & 4h20m wet.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Although you can start from either car park, IMO it is best to start from Abergorlech as you end by doing the Red descent, which is the best bit.

Although facilities at both car parks are limited to say the least, there is at least a very nice pub at Abergorlech which serves food 12-3 in the afternoons.
    Time is hard to give without knowing fitness. But doing both trails takes me slightly longer than doing Skyline @ Afan, if you have done that before.

Biffer
    Free Member

Cheers guys so far. Will check on it all bein gopening but I am sure it is.

mtbmatt – yep have done Skyline so will base it on that then – just hope its more interesting through the middle bits – lol

johnhorscroft
    Free Member

My mate Mike has been there a few times since Xmas, and reports that they’ve done a load of work repairing the damage caused by a hard winter. Last I heard, the vast majority was open so you should have fun! Agree with the post about finishing with the red descent too!

jh

llama

Were there this weekend. Started from Abergorlech. It took us about 4/5 hours to do red and black for a big mixed group. I thought the black sections were OK but on the whole the red sections were better. The blue looks fun. Some long fireroad on the red but its worth it. Didn’t see any closed sections.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

more interesting through the middle bits

Oh yes!

Biffer
    Free Member

Cheers then guys – bring on Friday morning 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Combining Raven and Gorlech trails at Brechfa’ is closed to new replies.