Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Combined personal DAB and MP3 players – what's available?
  • Pembo
    Free Member

Searching around for one of these but there doesn’t seem to be anything decent that fits the bill – Alba anyone?

Found this STW thread via google from a year ago but there seems to be a gap in the market for this device, Pure were the obvious choice but the 1500 and 2500 are DAB only.

CountZero

I think part of the problem is that DAB/DAB+ is Europe-centric, so there isn’t the impetus to make such a thing, plus DAB gobbles batteries at a huge rate, and getting a clean signal is a problem as well.

nicko74

Standalone for the house, or personal for out and about?

For the out and about one, the only one I’ve seen is the Cowon D2, which is sadly discontinued. Shame, as it’s excellent, and listening to TMS while running never gets old.

For being at home, have you considered an internet radio such as the Logitech Squeezeboxes? They’re a bit more effort to set up, but then you’re able to stream pretty much anything on the tinterweb (and many DAB stations have internet streams), as well as your MP3 collection and so on.

Pembo
    Free Member

Out and about use, would be good to have dab and mp3 on a single device with rechargeable batteries.

blacks
    Free Member

You want one of these I use on site
    its called the Oasis

Showerproof and rechargeable
    Link to shops that sell the Oasis

My iPhone does just that with the right app for DAB

cynic-al
    Free Member

mobile + radio app

sadexpunk

i looked into this a while ago and came to the same conclusion. the signals cr*p as you move about with personal dabs, and phone plus app was as good as it got for me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Combined personal DAB and MP3 players – what's available?’ is closed to new replies.