Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Combination Microwaves?
  • joat

Does anyone have one, use one, and are they any better than just a microwave? I hope this the saddest question I ever ask on here.

cakefacesmallblock

I have one !
    Apparently it’s a very good one.
    Following Mrs CFSB ‘s departure a year ago, though , it hasn’t been used to do anything other than nuke the odd lazy ‘ pinger’ meal.
    So, as a Luddite, ( read dim wit ) ,of the highest order as far as grill and oven functions are concerned, it’s the traditional oven, or , the George Formby grill for me .

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Yup, as a microwave it is no better or worse than a normal microwave. Its sometimes handy to have a second oven, or just to use it for small things as its more efficient than our main oven. Can’t see any reason not to get one

Markie
    Free Member

My wife thinks ours is great and uses its range of modes to make tasty things. I nuke things in it. Both of us are pleased.

allthepies
    Free Member

I’ve got a Panasonic and rate them.

I’ve not used it as a full-on oven but have used the grill function to brown crumbles etc 🙂

Mine has a Jacket Potato mode which microwaves the spud + puts the heater element on to brown the skin at the same time.

“Which is nice….”

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I have one and its a very useful addition to the kitchen. It occasionally gets used purely as a microwave but more often it’s used as a smaller oven or a grill. It does the best non open fire jacket potatoes that I’ve eaten, inside is soft and fluffy outside is crunchy.

andyl
    Free Member

yup, we used to have a huge Sharp one in the 80’s, must have cost a fortune. Good when you needed more oven space, like at Christmas.

We just have a microwave + grill now but I always forget there is a grill mode and use the one in the oven.

somafunk

My oven/cooker blew the element 4 odd years ago (along with the grill element) so as i didn’t have a microwave i bought a cheap/small combination fan oven/grill/microwave from aldi. I think it’s brilliant, for me having an oven so small means less electricity used but i guess if there’s two or more of you in a household then you may need a larger oven.

I’m down to 3 rings on the cooker as well but that’s not an issue, i only use one at a time so when they all go pop I’ll take the cooker to the dump, it’s lasted 22 years so i can’t complain.

CHB

We have a Panasonic one and its BRILLIANT.
    Find it really good for chilled/frozen pizza, but especially useful for part baked bread.
    They can pay for themselves as they are cheaper to heat than a big oven, so for a couple of people they are ideal.
    I would happily recommend Panasonic.

Stoner
    Free Member

joat

So glad I didn’t title this #combimicrowavetrackworld, thank all for your help rather than ridicule.

Cougar

My oven/cooker blew the element 4 odd years ago (along with the grill element) so as i didn’t have a microwave i bought a cheap/small combination fan oven/grill/microwave

Same here. The microwave is the same as any other (well, it’s actually better cos I got a high powered one, but that’s nothing to do with the combo side of things).

The oven is, well, a small oven. The only real issue I had with it is cleaning, uncovered microwaved food can splatter up onto / behind the element and it’s a sod to clean behind. Make sure anything explody is covered and you’ll probably be fine.

Since replacing the cooker for one with a working oven I don’t think I’ve used it as anything other than a microwave since. In fact, until this thread I’d forgotten all about the oven feature. Might be an idea to run it in combo mode next time I do jacket spuds, see how they come out.

CheesybeanZ

We’ve had one for 10yrs or so , great for quick crispy backed spuds .

joat

CheesybeanZ – Member
    We’ve had one for 10yrs or so , great for quick crispy backed spuds .

I think I can guess your favourite filling 😛

CheesybeanZ

Correct 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Combination Microwaves?’ is closed to new replies.