Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Combi boilers and low water pressure
  • wallop

We have lived in the same house for seven years. In recent months, the water pressure has been dropping in the mornings. I’m assuming this is just due to demand locally, but it seems as if it’s so low that our boiler won’t kick in to heat the water. Our neighbours appear to have the same problem.

Have I got that right? Does a boiler need a minimum supply to start burning?

cultsdave
    Free Member

Does it not mean you have a leak somewhere that is causing the pressure to drop?

wallop

But then the pressure would be low all the time – it seems only to be dropping in the mornings.

totalshell

i take it you mean that the mains cold water pressure is dropping in the morning..

if so than your combi may not fire on hot water demand as yes it does require a minimum pressure to operate. contact your utilities provider and they should attempt to confirm the pressure and resolve if they believe the pressure is low..

somouk
    Free Member

Get hold of a flow rate meter and measure the flow in the morning and the flow in an evening.

In theory if there was a leak somewhere the extra stress put on the system at peak time could drop the pressure below what’s needed but the rest of the time it could still be passing enough water so they should really still investigate.

They’ll send one of their late night crews round to listen for the leaks.

johndoh
    Free Member

Get hold of a flow rate meter and measure the flow in the morning and the flow in an evening.

If you can’t get hold of one, your local authority should have instructions on their website about how to measure just using a measuring jug and a timer.

wallop

Thanks all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Combi boilers and low water pressure’ is closed to new replies.