• This topic has 47 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Colourway ?
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

If God had intended us to put words together however we wanted, he wouldn’t have arranged them all in their correct order in the dictionary.

Holy $h!t balls bat girl, God invented English!!!!

scruff
    Free Member

I read on bikeradar that someone was taking their new chariot to Llanddegglla.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Perhaps they were taking their child in a trailer?

Cougar

Blackflag
    Free Member

Colorways = Colour Schemes but translated via the vile minds of the marketing Department. Its language with a primary purpose of sounding new and sexy. We’ve had colour schemes for years, but now you can have colorways. Which are exactly the same but sound different.

DezB
    Free Member

I just heard the rather attractive, posh lady on the auctions programme say some piece of pottery came in different colourways. I now accept it as a word. 😊

funkmasterp

Because a colour scheme or colourway can include more than one colour, and the same product can be offered in multiple schemes/ways which include any given colour. If I offer a bike in metallic red fade with silver stars, or matte red with black bands, “colour” doesn’t really cut it.

So different colours and a picture would suffice then. I’m from Yorkshire, you can keep your fancy ways. Thing comes in different colours and colour combinations. Colourway sounds like a 50’s racist bike path in the Deep South

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Colorway is an American English phrase so it has no ‘u’.

Must have changed the rules so that one word can now be considered to be a phrase .

Bez

That’s not a change. From Wikipedia (yeah, I know…)

“In linguistic analysis, a phrase is a group of words (or possibly a single word) that functions as a constituent in the syntax of a sentence, a single unit within a grammatical hierarchy.”

The term “noun phrase”, for instance, is the generic term commonly used to refer to any group of words acting as a noun. So in the sentence “I hate the evolution of language” there are two noun phrases: “I” and “the evolution of language”; the point being that noun phrases are grammatically interchangeable, so you could replace “the evolution of language” with a single-word phrase such as “progress”.

😉

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Colourway ?’ is closed to new replies.