Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)
  • Colleague keeps switching off the WIFI as it 'makes her feel ill'
  • scotroutes

perchypanther – Member
    Ludwegg?

chip
    Free Member

Could that egg sort out the Middle East?

sobriety
    Free Member

Needs a smiley face drawn on it in marker pen

+1

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

I think you need to start referring to it as her love egg. See if you can get the rest of the office to do so also.

Cougar

Also,

Is it just the perspective in the photo, or is that not actually egg-shaped?

Do you need to take more photos and stick them in an albumen?

allthepies
    Free Member

Is it not possible to configure the router to turn all its status lights off ? If not then duck tape should do. That and set SSID to not broadcast of course 🙂

jekkyl

I think it’s clear what has to happen next…. the egg must disappear.

T1000
    Free Member

Time to do a H&S risk assessment and as a result issue a set of Tin foil PPE which she is required to wear or build a Faraday Cage around her desk.

Cougar

No no no. You’re not playing the long game.

Find out where she bought it from. Buy a series of near-identical but increasingly slightly smaller ones. Secretly swap it out with the next size down every couple of weeks. See how long it takes for her brain to explode.

andrewh
    Free Member

It was connected to the same network, via Ethernet, but it definitely worked better after the move

In theory if there was some weird routing going on that is feasible. Unlikely but not completely implausible.

Entirely plausible. Assuming it was unplugged to move it and then plugged in again, everyone knows turning it off and on gain fixes all problems.

andrewh
    Free Member

Hatch would be better.
    Before she comes in smash it with a hammer and then leave a tarrantula on her desk among the shards.

CountZero

Russell96 – Member
    There was a UK doc where they got a pile of these ‘sensitive people’ stuck them in a stately home in the middle of nowhere well beyond any mobile coverage at the time. Wheeled an event mobile mast into the front courtyard and told them it was operating at full power, after two days they were genuinely hospitalising people. It was a shame there was no power to it at all.. and for the second week when it was ‘switched off’ the onsite doctor no longer had any visitors or need to refer anyone.

Thank you, that’s what I was referring to in my earlier post!

Cougar – Moderator
    I think you need to start referring to it as her love egg. See if you can get the rest of the office to do so also.

Put a few Duracells alongside to really push the point…

Cougar – Moderator
    Also,

Oh, very well done!

Congratulations sir, you are tonight’s winner of the Internet.
    Perchy panther will be so jealous!

perchypanther
    Free Member

Not jealous, just more subtle. 😉

Merak

Laxatives, the whole pack in her tea.

Sit back and enjoy the show.

dannyh
    Free Member

Re the OP.

She’s a tiresome attention-seeker seeking attention in a tiresome way.

Tell her to **** off.

spot
    Free Member

Is she fit
    Tantric sex may be the solution she needs
    You happen to be a guru

dannyh
    Free Member

Cougar

Laxatives, the whole pack in her tea.

Are you new here? Picolax is the weapon of choice.

Northwind

I’ve just done Perchy’s annual appraisal and awarded him an “exceeds expectations”. There is no financial reward.

dangeourbrain – Member

No it’s actual-factual-real stuff. I saw a documentary on it once and they had some woman on there who lived miles from anywhere in a completely tech free house because everything electronic made her incredibly ill very quickly, reducing her to a vomiting shivering wreck. I was amazed she coped with the full film crew in honesty.

A chap from National Geographic got in a lot of trouble with one of these people- he did the obvious concealed electronics trick and inevitably, she had no reaction to devices she didn’t know about. But then after the interview they sent her the proofs and told her about the hidden phone, and she instantly became “ill” and sued. I think we should seal her in a lead coffin and bury her, for her own good, tbh.

But Murray is spot on, it’s pretty likely that this lady has a genuine problem, it’s just not the one she thinks- it’d be good to help her with that.

singletrackmind

Make a tin foil hat for the Egg of Peace
    Then buy some sort of white noise generator and blame it on the harmful rays coming from the router
    After much discussion agree to switch off the router and then power down the white noise generator simultaneously .
    Her aura will be restored , and you get the www

stuey
    Free Member

Does she know – her egg is the wrong way round?
    #Lilliputian

pk13

clearly ill but not with WiFi.
    I was once asked to reposition a receiver of radio waves away from the bedroom wall and bolt it onto the adjacent bathroom wall as it was upsetting a customers sleep. tried to explain radio waves go everywhere but gave up and just did it.

and you can stuff living under pylons the humming alone would drive you mad. and the bird of pray calls they pump out over speakers all day.

funkmasterp

Just wait until the egg fills with negativity and gains sentience. Fear me

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

nick1962
    Free Member

Some of the tin foil hat brigade do make some good tunes though…

giantalkali
    Free Member

Claim you have an allergy to the ‘love egg’, see how sensitive she is to your needs

MrSmith
    Free Member

Sublime, nobody can hold a candle to that.

tomhoward

Claim you have an allergy to the ‘love egg’, see how sensitive she is to your needs

I wouldn’t , she might tell you where to shove it…

milky1980
    Free Member
    chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Wrap the egg in tin foil.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Well since in this workplace mystical beliefs are obviously encouraged I would start slowly bringing my own weird shit it.

I’d start off small, maybe a pocket bible and emergency stake and hammer; and then slowly ramp it up to incense and throwing salt around to ward off the evil spirits that someone else seems to have attracted. A full on exorcism might be the final option…

maxtorque

seriously so this ^^^^

perhaps come in dressed as some sort of wizard too??

chip
    Free Member

I met a warlock once, only dressed accordingly at the weekend (full robes hat, and a large curved dagger).

Nice man.

MrSmith
    Free Member

nobody got it 😐 guess i was too subtle

thejesmonddingo

No, we all saw through that one,you need a more fertile source of humour.

Sandwich

I noted an unseemly scramble to eggy puns. It’s no yolk for the OP.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Say you’re the Egg Man and confiscate the egg, then of course say you’re the Walrus.

Anyway, stick labels over the lights on the wifi router/thing so it looks like it’s off and hide the SSID so she can’t detect it on her phone.

aracer
    Free Member

Has anybody yet suggested insisting that the lights are turned off because the radiation makes them feel ill? Then of course computer screens also need to be switched off.

scruffywelder
    Free Member

Google image search for: “steering wheel, crystals, claymore”…

I am, of course, NOT advocating that the OP suggest it to his colleague. I am also, of course, NOT further advocating that, should said **** adopt the idea, he subsequently reverse hard into the front of her car while they are both exiting the car park 😉

PS I know someone like the OP’s colleague. Total attention seeking flake and a mahoosive ballache to be around…

enfht
    Free Member

Mess with her head and leave dead flies, bees and ladybirds scattered around her desk, gradually move up to small dead birds and mice then eventually a roadkill badger.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘Colleague keeps switching off the WIFI as it 'makes her feel ill'’ is closed to new replies.