Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • cold tootsies…. recommend me some roadie overshoes please
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

£20-25 range, warmth takes presidence over waterproofness.

Any good deals at moment?

johnellison
    Free Member

I have THESE.

If anything they’re too warm. Not guarenteed waterproof but they keep the worst of it off unless it’s lagging it down.

_tom_
    Free Member

+1 for the BBB Heavy Duty ones. I have really terrible circulation and the BBBs let me ride for about 45 minutes before the cold starts to creep in. I suspect they’d be fine for people who don’t suffer from numb extremities as readily as I do!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

cheers folks, how do they size up, pretty much as stated, Looks like 45 would be an XL?

bigG
    Free Member

I use these Endura ones along with a pair of shoes that let me wear thick socks underneath.

In my experience there’s no point slapping overshoes and thick socks if your shoes are going to feel tight.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Enduras here as above. Nice and toasty and only just been replaced after 4 years of hard winters plus some use on MTB.

iainc

+1 on those Endura ones. I use them over normal road socks and shoes and good for down close to zero. Below that I’m not riding on the road 🙂

I also have a set of the sockguy neoprene toe covers, which are excellent this time of year, 7 – 12 degree type stuff as they keep all the wind out the front of the shoe, and are faff free, as you leave then on your shoes when putting on and off. Probabaly actually one of the most clever, useful cheapy things I have bought in the last year 🙂

tonyd

If it’s just your toes maybe get some toe covers. I picked up some adidas ones in a rummage bin a few years ago, they’re perfect for this time of year when you just need to keep the nip out of the toes.

On One have something similar (as do most places)

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

good shout on the toe covers, might give those a try.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘cold tootsies…. recommend me some roadie overshoes please’ is closed to new replies.