Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cold feet Q
  • slowoldgit
    Free Member

Does anyone know of insulated insoles that might help with a cold feet problem. I think the cleats are partly to blame, conducting heat away. Walking on snow was the last straw.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Somewhat coincidentally I’ve just been looking for some – maplin have one as per the below link but there seem to be loads on amazon.

maplin cheapo heated insoles

drapper
    Free Member

I can highly recommend merino wool socks! Keep the feet toasty

IanW
    Free Member

Overshoes?

julzm
    Free Member

Sealskins?

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

hi slow what shoes are you using? I wear Northwave celcius boots in the winter. Very warm and the cleat hole doesnt go through the sole into the foot bed.

cinnamon_girl

Have you thought of wearing flats? Being able to move the feet around could help.

Alternatively Sealskinz as mentioned above, the merino ones are good but you’d need your footwear to be a size larger.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Thanks all, I have some really nice Lake 255 winter boots which they don’t make any more. I need laces (odd-shaped feet*) and the boots have Vibram soles and pukka leather uppers so I’d like to stick with them. They are really good for those get off and walk moments. However there isn’t a lot of room for extra-thick socks.

*I gave away the top Shim model with the rubber sleeve: far too tight.

stevious

A few friends swear by lining their shoes with aluminium foil around the toes & cleat. Worth a try?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

So, in case anyone else might need to know – I bought a pair of these

http://www.mysmartbuy.com/p-1178-Heat-Reflecting-Thermal-Insoles.html#THE01

which have three layers, felt, foam and shiney ally.

Obviously I can’t really comment until the next ride (and push) in snow. And none of this is critical of the boots, it’s because the Beta Blockers I take reduce circulation in one’s hands and feet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cold feet Q’ is closed to new replies.