Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Cold call won't hang up, new one on me….
  • HarryTuttle

I’ve got a problem, 35 minutes ago I got a call on the landline, it said “please hold and we’ll transfer you to the next available agent” it then played hold music, so I hung up. However they didn’t. Now my line can only play their hold music, I can’t dial out or end the call.

Any ideas?

I’ve tried hitting numbers, and disconnecting the phone at the wall but it’s still there. I’m not with BT buy the way (if that makes any difference).

Is there any way this could be a scam that costs me money, I didn’t make the call……

How can I find out who’s doing this? I’d bet 1471 will just give me a no number response.

Thanks for any help in this.

highclimber
    Free Member

new one on me too. you sure your phone is working ok?

HarryTuttle

Yes, phone’s fine, the issue is the call’s dialed from outside, they have to hang up, at my end all I can do is connect and disconnect from the call, they remain on the line!

Houns

Hang up, line should go dead after 20 mins iirc

poly
    Free Member

As Houns says (I thought it was 10 but might be wrong) – but you need to leave your end hung up for that time, if you keep checking every few minutes the call will continue indefinitely (which will of course cost them money!)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Gets right on my tits these folk who phone up!! Our latest one has been trying to sell me insurance for my 8 yr old telly 🙄
    He was rather taken aback when I asked him if he’d lend me the 27 quid for some beauty treatment the mrs had seen on groupon! 😆

HarryTuttle

Looks like 10 minutes is right. I was leaving it for 20 but the kids tried it after 10…….

No number on 1471 so I guess there’s no way to identify the culprits?

Dammed annoying when you want to use the phone. What’s in it for them?

STATO
    Free Member

Im sure on the ‘ye-old-ringer-type’ phones you could just repeatedly tap the hook. Used to work to get someone back when you got cut-off too. Does this not work anymore with the new ‘digital’ systems?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Cold call won't hang up, new one on me….’ is closed to new replies.