Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Coil Spring Help
  • bomble
    Free Member

Would a cane creek 65mm spring fit on an ohlins ttx which usually runs a 67mm spring?

lardman
    Free Member

By 65mm, you mean the stroke? If so, I can’t see 2mm making much of a difference.

When you’re riding this weight spring, how many turns of pre-load are you using? If you’re apply lots of pre-load then maybe you find the spring binding at full compression….

But if you’re not running much, then I’d think it’ll be fine.

lardman
    Free Member

I use a Cane Creek Vault on my TTX, but unsure of the length difference between this and the original Ohlins spring…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jordan

Ohlins say to use no more than two full turns of preload on their springs. No idea if that’s the same with every manufacturer. In theory though a spring designed for a longer stroke should not bind.

bomble
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies👍
    I’m wanting to put a 65mm stroke spring on my shock which currently has a 67mm stroke spring.
    Currently run 2 turns of preload so sounds like I’ll be ok👍

Jordan

Ah sorry, I read it the other way round. Thought it was a 67 stroke spring going on a 65 stroke shock. In that case I have no idea if it will bind or not. I guess if they say more than 2 turns of preload can bind the spring then maybe an extra 2mm of squish can as well but that is just a guess.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.