• This topic has 26 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by kelvin.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Coffee cup with lid
  • pandhandj
    Free Member

My new fancy office is going to start charging for cups as of Monday (great idea, no issues with it at all), so i need a cup with a lid so i can move between buildings without spilling it everywhere – what ya got?

cheers,

paul

stumpy01

The cheap Starbucks ones that are in baskets near the till are fine, unless you want to keep the drink warm for a prolonged period.

tetrode
    Free Member

I’ve been using the singletrack bamboo one for a few years now and it’s been great!

Jakester
    Free Member

I have an old Yeti Rambler and does the job just fine for me:

YETI Rambler 20 Oz Tumbler

Keeps the drink so warm that on occasion I’ve been surprised by how hot it has stayed.

Mine only has a hole for drinking, looks like the newer ones have a sliding closure. Won’t hold it if you shake it upside down, but even without the new closure, it’s surprisingly effective at preventing spills when walking or driving.

BillOddie

We have an impressive collection of insulated mugs/tumblers in our house.

I’m very impressed with my new Yeti Pint “glass”  that I use to keep cold drinks cold, tempted to get a bigger one for a days worth of coffee.

The Bodum stainless vacuum travel mugs are quite good too.

nixie

Recycled material. Proper lid. Robust. Return to them for recycling at EOL (10 years!)

Circular and Co

grim168
    Free Member

Got a le creuset. It doesn’t leak and keeps it warm

walowiz

Got one of these, works a treat, IIRC there is a STW version

Insulated cup

ElShalimo

My wife uses a Bodum cup with a screw on lid in her car.
    The tea is still piping hot an hour later

slowol

No idea about quality but some top mountain rescue merch:

Cup with lid (£7)
    Double Walled Travel Mug

Or a collapsible lidded one from Cleveland MRT (£7). Perfect for your handbag:

Collapsible Cup with Lid

Life Venture insulated one from Edale (£12):

Shop

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

I’ve got an earlier iteration of this, albeit without the fancy lid-lock:

The usp of these is the electro-plated stainless steel interior.

All you taste is the coffee👍

spooky_b329

Old Bodum here. It would dribble a little if you left it on its side, but keeps hot for hours and doesn’t burn your lips. Mine has had a sheltered life but my wife’s has been regularly knocked onto the floor by horses, had the silicone band bitten off and kicked by hooves and it’s still doing it’s job. Only downside is the base is a little wide for some car cup holders.

trail_rat
    Free Member

My 15 year old bodum press mug fell off the car on Sunday…..

Smashed the cap .

Gutted 🙁 on one hand feel like I’ve had my money’s worth. Other hand I do feel like moaning at bodum that I now have to throw away a perfectly good mug as they don’t sell spares lids.

If I was buying today I’d have a yeti rambler.

reeksy

I was recommended the Bodum here recently, but happened upon a similar Alpkit version before i saw one. Seems the goods, and if anything keeps the coffee too hot so it takes a long tim before I can bear to drink it.

pandhandj
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’ve ordered a bodum. What’s the chances that I leave it in the office on the first day? 🤣

seadog101

I’ve been using an rCup for my coffee for a while now.
    Seals properly, easy to drink from, easy to clean, keeps hot stuff hot, and the right size.
    Have bought them for others and been appreciated.
    https://shop.woodlandtrust.org.uk/rcup-coffee-cup

fatbikeandcoffee
    Free Member

Another Yeti user hrte, awesome but of kut and the magnetic slider lid is clever, not leakproof though.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Two things I just don’t get:

The tea is still piping hot an hour later

I make a cup of tea/coffee because I want a cup of tea/ coffee at that point, not in an hour’s time. I wish they’d make decent big uninsulated cups as well as insulated ones.

YETI Rambler 20 Oz Tumbler

30 quid for a cup is insane.

And thirdly, drinking coffee from plastic/ metal is minging. Gotta be china. If only they made Cork lids for these things

https://www.dunoonmugs.co.uk/Henley-0-6L/catalogue/586/

trail_rat
    Free Member

I wish they’d make decent big uninsulat

They do…..

thegeneralist
    Free Member

They do…..

Show me 🙂
    ( with lids)

trail_rat
    Free Member

I’ve got a bamboo one with lid I use at work due to a similar Policy to the op

Non insulated for drinking then

And 30 quid as a one time cost is insane but when you look at it over 15 years. Cost per use is fractions of a pence.

Of course YMMV esp if your the sort of person that loses* things

* Natch …. Lose loose ….. If you play fast an loose your lose your cup 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Circular mug.. 100% leakproof reusable coffee cup, made from single-use paper cups.

https://www.tidesandtrails.co.uk/product-page/circular-co-reusable-coffee-cup-12oz

spooky_b329

I wish they’d make decent big uninsulat

They do…..

Show me 🙂
    ( with lids)

I’ve got one of these, at first the silicone lid was a bit smelly but they may have improved it as I’ve had mine years, often use it without the lid. It’s double wall porcelain so you can hold the handless mug without burning yourself, but doesnt stay got too long.

Sandwich

If you can find one of these will keep a coffee warm for hours

theotherjonv

I make a cup of tea/coffee because I want a cup of tea/ coffee at that point, not in an hour’s time. I wish they’d make decent big uninsulated cups as well as insulated ones.

I sometimes make one so that after I’ve done a couple of hours out on a frosty night ride when I get back to the car I’ve got a nice warm cup of coffee to look forward to on the way home.

Flaperon

I really rate the Pret mugs. Made of bamboo, I think. I’ve been carrying one of them around the world for the last 5 years and during that time have managed to break exactly one, and then that was a crushing injury after I stepped on it. About £10 if I remember correctly.

kelvin

All you taste is the coffee

The lining is key if you’re fussy about taste. I have Frank Green one that’s double walled metal but ceramic lined. Love it.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.