Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Coffee by Makita
  • blastit
    Free Member
    jkomo

That is fantastic!

Gunz
    Free Member

That’s it, mankind has reached the end of its development, turn off the lights, lock the door behind you.

sharkbait
    Free Member

One of those would be great for our beach hut.
    Got suitable batteries already!

Edit:
    Rats, 5 mins per cup and only 2 cups from a 3 amp battery
    ☹️

PePPeR

Sharky don’t you have the 6.0 amp hour batteries yet? 😀

13thfloormonk

Actually, for £90, an espresso machine that can take ground coffee is quite a good deal isn’t it?

Was looking for something more convenient than my Bialetti but didn’t want a pod machine…

kayak23

I can’t see your image for some reason, but assume you mean this one?

I’ve been looking for a reason not to buy that for a while now! I’m a dyed in the wool Makita junkie! 😂

They also do a coolbox based on the Macpac which is brilliant for riding and camping.

So much temptation!

maccruiskeen

Actually, for £90, an espresso machine that can take ground coffee is quite a good deal isn’t it?

Was looking for something more convenient than my Bialetti but didn’t want a pod machine…

It have a very singular use as you don’t seem to be able to run it on mains instead of battery. (I think their earlier percolator style machine could be mains or battery)  One cup of coffee from a charge then 20 mins to recharge the battery. For me if I’m working somewhere where I can’t easily plug into the mains then I’m sort of dependent on my batteries for everything else I’ve got to do that day.

So what I’ve got instead is an aeropress and a good flask – a flask of hot water from the B&B in the morning is perfect coffee-making temp by early afternoon.

maccruiskeen

So much temptation!

The ‘Snackita’ box –  spent most of last winter regularly travelling from Scotland to Wales working out of my car staying in random travelodges and out of season B&Bs. The rest of my kit is in systainers and those cool boxes were on special offer and kept me in nice fresh food for the duration of each trip – good for keeping stuff like salad from freezing over night in the car as keeping it fresh.

even if you’re not a sustainer user its just a good square, flat cool box. Normal ones are all curvy for some reason so don’t pack and stack with other stuff as well

kayak23

Yeah, the only downside I thought might be that any prying eyes might think you had some expensive power tool in your car.

maccruiskeen

prying eyes might think you had some expensive power tool in your car.

What it mostly contains is Romana’s Kitchen humous – worth its weight in gold. I’d be heartbroken.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Coffee by Makita’ is closed to new replies.