Coffee Bags. Like tea bags, only coffee.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Coffee Bags. Like tea bags, only coffee.
  • MrSmith

Talking of which… water hardness. All you coffee aficionados, how does that fit into your one size fits all “this is the best coffee and bestest eva way of making it in the world eva” dogma?

reverse osmosis or tesco ashbeck spring (as close as ideal TDS and PH for coffee brewing available on the high street)

scotroutes

I’ve been using coffee bags for years when bikepacking. Simple, clean, no washing up or having to carry out loose coffee grounds.

No idea what your Scottish water is like, full of midges probably 😉

It tastes a lot like the expensive stuff you can buy in bottles but it’s cheap enough to have a bath in.

Premier Icon grtdkad
    Subscriber

What are these coffee bags like for recycling?
    Genuine question… have been tempted but am put off by the thought of putting more stuff in the bin.

Premier Icon slackalice
    Subscriber

It tastes a lot like the expensive stuff you can buy in bottles but it’s cheap enough to have a bath in.

🤣🤣🤣 I do remember there being lots of bubbles!!

reverse osmosis or tesco ashbeck spring

Pure genius. 😂

stevious

Don’t know for sure but if it’s the same material as tea bags they compost fairly easily.

scotroutes

Lyons coffee bags are biodegradable/compostable.

Premier Icon grtdkad
    Subscriber

“ Lyons coffee bags are biodegradable/compostable“

Great, will take a look.

jkomo

Coffee bags infinitely better than instant. Clean as well so no idiots dumping the grounds down the sink or making a mess at work.
    Aeropress at home.

Premier Icon jonnyrobertson
    Subscriber

Percol bags are compostable, as are the “foil” sachets.

DrJ

I’ve recently started using ESE (Easy Serve Espresso) pods in my espresso machine.

Currently going through a box of 50 Black Donkey brand that I got off Amazon for a £11 as a trial: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RWNQTQV/

Ooh thanks. I’ve been buying ESE pods from coffeeroyale.co.uk but recommendations always welcomed!

DrJ

It’s like those jetboils with cafetieres built in, Who on earth carries that much weight and faff whilst hiking!

Dunno, but people like me who carry their camping equipment in the back of a car like them. (Jetboil is too heavy for wild camping, coffee or otherwise)

tjagain

Disagree DrJ. Its split between two of us. Its not that heavy and gets lighter effectively the longer you are out due to its fuel economy compared to other stoves.

erictwinge

i ordered a load of the Taylor coffee bags, still got most of em – much prefer Nescafe Azera instant.

Really cant be arsed getting my chemistry set out every time i want a brew.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

Ooh thanks. I’ve been buying ESE pods from coffeeroyale.co.uk but recommendations always welcomed!

They are my first experience with ESE so I’d be interested to hear how you think they compare to other brands.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

Its not that heavy and gets lighter effectively the longer you are out due to its fuel economy compared to other stoves.

Surely that’s arse-backwards? If it’s more fuel economic then it’ll stay heavier for longer as it’s burning off less fuel.

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon
    Subscriber

Disagree DrJ. Its split between two of us. Its not that heavy and gets lighter effectively the longer you are out due to its fuel economy compared to other stoves.

Yes, if you were treking across the antartic, for a long weekend in Scotland you would need to make a lot of coffee to justify it!

Surely that’s arse-backwards? If it’s more fuel economic then it’ll stay heavier for longer as it’s burning off less fuel.

Only if you take far too much fuel. If you need 30g/day with a normal stove and 20g with a jetboil, then a month long crossing of the antarctic you only need to set off with 600g instead of 900g, so you save the weight of a ~300g can (which is probably 500g inc the metal).

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.