Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Coed-Y-Brenin or Llandegla ? Plus, accomdation ideas ?
  • weeksy

Off up to North Wales for a bit of a play next weekend, so need ideas for Friday evening for somewhere to stay and also for where to ride on Saturday ?

We’ve done Llandegla twice now and really enjoy the place. But we’ve not tried Coed Y Brenin, worth the extra miles from Berks ?

Accomodation ideas would be much appreciated. Food would be nice, beer pretty much essential. Quiet would be a great bonus. Breakfast, the bigger the better.

tomaso
    Free Member

I’d say Coed y Brenin and stay in the nearest pub to it – can’t remember the name but they are MTB friendly and the beer is good if limited and food hearty.

p7rich
    Free Member

Coedy every time.

steveh

Which place depends on how you like your riding for me. Llandegla is very man made with lots of berms, jumps etc and for me a very playful feel.
    Coed Y Brenin is good too but has a very different character more natural feeling and much less built in trail terms. It has huge amounts of rock for the surface including large lumps used as slabs. If you go don’t do the full beast loop as the far end of it can be easily missed and you only miss a fireroad climb and fireroad descent.

alexpalacefan

I recently stayed at a bunk house in Dolgellau, on Torent Walk, can’t remember the name, I’m sure Google will find it.

£10/night with access to a kitchen, fridge et c. about 20 min walk to town.

I will deffo go there again

APF

FieldMarshall

We normally stay in Penmachno at the Eagles pub/bunkhouse.

The Eagles Penmachno

Its about halfway between CYB and Llandegla but also has the Penmachno trails about 500yds away. And even the Marin trail closeby, although its not a patch on the others.

So plenty of riding options.

No food, but there is a kitchen. And a pub downstairs!

Secure bike storage and drying room.

Basic but relatively inexpensive. £18 ppn

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

penmachno will be booked up i should imagine, WRC weekend.

boxfish
    Free Member

Ty Seren B&B in Dolgellau. Top breakfast. Secure storage for bikes. Nice rooms with en-suite showers. Run by a nice couple. 2 minutes from the pub and curry house.

chrisdw
    Free Member

WRC was this weekend

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

CYB no brainer

binners

We stayed in the eagles guesthouse in Penmachno 2 weeks ago, and I’d highly recommend it. Straight out the door onto the trails, cheap as chips, with everything you need, and an absolutely solid pub quiz in the bar on Saturday night!

And you’re right near Coed Y Brenin too. What’s not to like, 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Coed-Y-Brenin or Llandegla ? Plus, accomdation ideas ?’ is closed to new replies.