Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Coed y Brenin – Cafe at house on the Beast
  • drummer
    Free Member

Hi is the cafe still open, the one where you hang your bike outside an old ladies house. Does anybody know how I can find it on a map ?
    I want to take the girlfriend there but need to reach it on a shorter route than the Beast

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

It’s only open at Fri – Sun I believe

Also still up for sale

http://www.glyn-yr-aur.com/dolfrwynog.htm

mattjg
    Free Member

£350k, I seem to recall a while ago the asking price was knocking on to half a mill, but that could be faulty memory.

https://www.housetree.co.uk/prop-details.asp?l=Dolfrwynog-Newydd-Hermon-Llanfachreth-Dolgellau-LL40-DOLGELLAU-GWYNEDD&a=view&cid=2111566/

Any guesses how much of that is goodwill for the café business? (or what would the asking be if the business didn’t exist?)

frogstomp

When we were up there in March they said that they had finally found a buyer, who would continue to run the café..

ninenailspete
    Free Member

The couple who’ve been running it for years moved out a month or two ago – not sure if it’s still running now.

It’s right next to the car park at Capel Hermon – postcode LL40 2PA.

mattjg
    Free Member

The Rightmove page for it is showing “off the market” too.

Good luck to the new owners, be seeing you sometime!

stumpy01

We were there on the last weekend of April, on Saturday and it was open.

Bloody good cake too!!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Blimey! Sold at last?!!??!! Taken years!

Orangejohn
    Free Member

Don’t know them other than the odd chat.
    Wishing them well in their retirement.

If the new owners are only half as accomodating!

ChrisI

We were up there on Sat 18th and sure one of our group said they were moving out in the next week or something. Certainly said they were moving out, not sure when they said they were off.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Also had a good few chats with them, lovely couple. Think they had family closer to Chester and where hoping to move over that way. Had half a thought about buying it a few years ago, but it was to far out the way for my family. Shame I’d of loved to have done the bunkhouse and run it as a mountainbike holiday home….

Hope it goes well for whoever has bought it and they still do the great cake 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hope it goes well for whoever has bought it and they still do the great cake

If there’s no barra brith…

mattjg
    Free Member

Most of the value in that business is dependent on the trail running past the door. That can change.

My recollection is the original asking was a lot higher, which would explain the time needed to sell.

lungman

still open last friday, although we were the only people they had seen all day at 1.00pm. cracking cake 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Coed y Brenin – Cafe at house on the Beast’ is closed to new replies.