Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Coed Y Brenin advice.
  • zero-cool
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m off to Sjowdonia this week for a spot of mountaineering and will have time to get a day biking in while I’m there. Just after a bit of opinion on what the trails are like at CYB. Looking for something that’s not too technical on the climbs but with fun fast downhills. And preferably where the descents are worth the climb. Is there anything there like Llandegla or Cafell at Cwmcarn as I’m just looking for an easy fun day.

Tom KP

wrecker
    Free Member

There is nothing like cafell at CYB thank ****!
    All of the trails are miles better. Try MBR, Dragons Back or beast.

ampthill

I think it would be hard to go wrong at CYB

Worth setting out with a map (trail map from web or visitor center) so you can mix and match for the perfect day length for you

If you want me to recommend a trail then try the MBR.

I’ll probably get a ban for this but

1. I enjoy riding at CYB even though its a trail center
    2. I don’t have a wood burning stove
    3. May car is not from the VAG group

Oh and this vid, not mine gives a feel for whats on offer

[video]https://youtu.be/mnMfqQJArfE[/video]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coatesy
    Free Member

Just got back from there a couple of hours ago, they’ve even closed the section of The Beast that everybody recommends avoiding, so you don’t have to feel guilty about cheating.

martinhutch

That vid (Abel) shows one of the harder bits of the MBR (black) with some drops and and rocky bits. If you don’t mind the look of that, do the Beast.

I would certainly do Beast rather than just MBR – all the better, faster descents – Hermon, the Addams Family stuff, False Teeth etc are on this. If you miss off the pointless fire road loop at the top (which may well be closed anyway), it’s less than 20 miles.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looking for something that’s not too technical on the climbs but with fun fast downhills

Tarw, the old Red Bull trail fits the bill for that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Coed Y Brenin advice.’ is closed to new replies.