• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by nixie.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Coed-y-Brenin Accommodation
  • hazmo

Looking for weekend accommodation for 10-12 of us. Does the hive have knowledge of any particularly good digs, or is it a case of rolling the dice with the Air B&B gods?

Pyro

Plas Isa in Dolgellau

rossburton
    Free Member

Cae Gwyn has been recommended in the past and can do 10 people camping in their barn, or get friendly and book all four of their B&B rooms.

jkomo

Cae Gwyn Farm is nice but a bit far from town (it’s opposite CYB).
    The hotel The Royal Ship is nice, right in the centre so well situated to enjoy the pubs.

jedi

oldskoolmtbaccomadation in trawfynnd. amazing place

hazmo

Thanks all. Some good looking places there. Can’t go too far wrong with a recommendation from the jedi though!

beaker

2nd Old Skool. They were brilliant when we stayed.

onewheelgood

Old Skool are great. If they’re booked up you could take a couple of the cabins at the holiday village.

fossy

My caravan was good, but it was 60 miles from Brenin this weekend. The weather gods looked upon us favourably.

We did most of the Beast at weekend, but short cutted back as me and another lad were struggling (been off work sick this week). The MBR/Beast start is quite ‘hard’ – not much chance to get into the ‘flow’ when it’s your first visit. Loved it, not busy on the trails.

nickjb
    Free Member

The cabins at trawsfynydd are ok. Pretty basic and the bedrooms are tiny but there’s usually space for bikes and the lounge diner is pretty big. It’s easy to park and easy to get to CyB. You can squeeze into two if you are happy sharing rooms. I think we booked through Log Cabins Wales.

lapierrelady

Ty Nant (tyrant.me.uk) sleeps 10 and is very comfortable.

BillOddie

https://www.coedybrenincottages.com/  but give them a ring as they only do full weeks on their website.

stmachreth
    Free Member

Heulwen Guest House are excellent, might be able to squeeze 12 of you in

Home

They’re just back from holiday so will be keen to earn some wedge to fund their next one

boris
    Free Member

+1 for OldSkoolMTB – essentially fully catered as they provide breakfast and dinner, plus when I’ve been they’ve made us sandwiches for the ride. Fun, if rocky, ride to Coed and Lewis has picked us up in the Van on the way back when it’s been miserable.

You can book without food but it is really worth it IMO.

hazmo

Thanks all. Old Skool MTB has been booked. Looks amazing….and yes, we will be taking advantage of their full board option.

nixie

Another +1 for Old Skool. Was there this weekend with Tom Hutton MTB and thought it was really good. Loads of space, good food, comfy beds, friendly hosts and loads of drying space.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Coed-y-Brenin Accommodation’ is closed to new replies.