coed y brenin

Home Forum Bike Forum coed y brenin

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • coed y brenin
  • Premier Icon 1kcove
    Subscriber

Would you? or have you gone round Coed-y-Brenin on a steel hard tail & would you do it again? what bike was it.

andy7t2

yep

on one

loads of fun

loddrik

Done it on a Ti a couple of times and was great. Better on a full sus though.

yeah DMR sidekick and it was pretty rough in places but worth doing.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I did it on the Mmmbop, the Soul would have been a bit less brutal on the old posterior though! Fantastic place, maybe not a huge amount of variety to it but I love rocks so we got along quite well. We did the beast one day then went back the next and did the tarw (with a wee lap around the start and finish of the beast again to lengthen the day), both were mint.

Some people would say it’s hard on a hardtail just because of the surface, and that’s probably true- there were a few bits where it was hard to get the power down or keep things smooth- but that’s also why I loved it I think. I’d go back tomorrow if it was closer.

Kevevs

yeah, why not? Going on Mon on my Aloominum HT.

popstar

Did it on my ex Rockhopper. Stunning riding, considering it’s a trail center.

Hardtail = Hardcore, FS = More speed, less pain. In love with rocky bits, and crossing running streams is a bonus!

I would ride it 1st day on HT and 2nd day on me FS. The Beast (MBR+Dragons back combined) is awesome trail. Maybe CYB isn’t modern bikepark tabletop slopestyle center, but god it’s a good old place to ride.

fbk

Yeah – love CyB on a HT. Its at least as much fun as on a FS. The climbs are easier and you have to think a bit more on the rocky bits 🙂

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

took my 160mm On One worked a treat

Rigid seems to work alright round there, so no reason why a hardtail wouldn’t be great, as I’m sure any other type of bike would be 😉

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

You’ll die if you try and ride it on anything other than what ever full suss bike MBR recon is the best.

You know that’s a fib Stu … you also need some Welsh trail centre specific tyres and a full suspension tune which has been developed for such severe and demanding conditions 😉

Premier Icon mrh86
    Subscriber

A friend and I both went around the beast on HTs last summer. No issues at all, cant remember it being too rocky/in need of a FS to be honest

loddrik

Whilst all the die hards and true bikers ride hardtails and are scornful of those who arent hardcore enough to, some of us hand down prefer suspension funnily enough…

loddrik … it’s all good, I don’t believe anyone’s really bothered what other folk ride, it’s just banter 😉

Yes, first times on an Orange C16R then on a Marin Pine Mountain. Great fun. I only own a steel hardtail so when I get there again it will still be on a steel hardtail.

Kevevs

yup, I only own a HT, so I can’t ride my full-suss. I’d like one though if I had the cash.

Premier Icon singlespeedstu
    Subscriber

it’s all good, I don’t believe anyone’s really bothered what other folk ride, it’s just banter

You speak for yourself there stuart.

I’m cut to the core ever time i see someone riding a bike that doesn’t fit with my ideas.

A couple of days ago I saw two people on Giants and almost gave up riding for ever.

qwerty

sure i’ve ridden it on an old Sunn with the Obsys forks (LT @42mm!!!), Cove HJ is mucho betterer with 140mm up front, yea bumpy in places – but thats the idea 😉

Premier Icon thekingofsweden
    Subscriber

Swift rigid whilst followin SSS at a distance for three days trail centre hackin !!!!

No problems

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

seeing as most dh races have a hardtail category i cant see that anyone should have trouble at a trail centre on anything better than an argos bso

saying that i use the rigid for commuting and a fs for anything else

I’ve ridden there on aluminium race hardtails, cheap full sussers, expensive full sussers, steel hardtails and a Ti hardtail. Its all good.

sambob

Did it on my merida alu hardtail which is pretty stiff. Also did a demo day and it was slightly better on a carbon scott scale, even better on a genius 😀

steve_b77

I do it on my Nicolai, with added custard

The Fopster

If my Carrera Fury can cope (and it did) I’d have thought you’d be fine on pretty much any “decent” hardtail. As long as it wasn’t from Argos/Tesco etc. can’t see there’s a problem. Having said that, I have bought a FS.
    😳

grantway

You can do it no probs, but if your a harder rider
    you’ll probarly feel it.
    Mainly on Abel and the updated False Teeth

April the 12-16 booked cant wait.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘coed y brenin’ is closed to new replies.