• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cock up
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Ordered a new phone from carphone warehouse and was waiting for confirmation email. I got a phone call from EE saying we see your interested in such a phone, we can put it through for you now.
    So I said yes, turns out it’s a different contract to the carphone warehouse.
    So I have one from carphone and one direct from EE coming.

Is it easy enough cancel one (the EE direct)

stumpy01

Yeah, you should be able to just send it straight back. Don’t open the phone box, don’t open the SIM.
    There should be some kind of returns info included with it.

It happened to me once, over a mix-up with Vodafone. I just sent the unwanted one back & it was all refunded.

EDIT – this any use?
    http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/cancel-or-return/return-a-product-within-14-days

ads678

I took out a contract with EE, and then when I was cancelling my Vodafone one they bettered EE’s offer. So i stuck with Vodafone and cancelled the EE one.

Was dead easy, although it was about 4 years ago and I can’t remember what I actually did.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    johndoh
    Free Member

Your right to cancel an order for goods made at a distance starts when you receive the goods and lasts for 14 days
    Your right to cancel a service made at a distance starts the moment you enter into the contract and lasts 14 days

From here

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Sounds easy enough. Carphone warehouse one is the blue htc U11 unlimited mins, texts with 5gb data and £42.99 per month ee is black phone and 3gb data £47.99 per month.

stumpy01

Oh, bejeesus!

I’d be sending both of them back to be honest! Is the HTC a really high end phone or something?!

£43 or £48/month for 24 months? That’s £1032 or £1152 for the 2 years of the contract, without a great deal of data.

Three are currently doing a 12Gb sim only deal for £14/month – so, £336 for 24months.
    You could then spend £2-300 on any of the decent Android phones out there like the new Nokia ones, the Moto G5+, Huawei etc…. and save yourself £500 over 2 years.

Flaperon

If on 4G Max tariff with EE it’s more cost effective to get it with a phone than SIM only and separate handset purchase.

mechanicaldope

Edit: Ignore me. Sorry.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Three are currently doing a 12Gb sim only deal for £14/month – so, £336 for 24months.
    You could then spend £2-300 on any of the decent Android phones out there like the new Nokia ones, the Moto G5+, Huawei etc…. and save yourself £500 over 2 years.

True, but if you want a £600-£700 phone then it’s £1k over the two years (and you have to have the cash up-front). No such thing as free money.

mechanicaldope – Member
    Same 3gb deal, £28 a month

+£270 for the handset upfront.

Still no such thing as free money.

stumpy01

thisisnotaspoon – Member

True, but if you want a £600-£700 phone then it’s £1k over the two years (and you have to have the cash up-front). No such thing as free money.

True. I was just pointing out that there are other options that are a lot cheaper. And if I’m honest, having fiddled with my brother-in-laws Samsung S7 at the weekend, it really doesn’t seem much better than my Lenovo P2, so I am not sure spending more on a phone necessarily gets you much more (granted, the camera on the s7 is much better).

The HTC mentioned in the OP can be had for £600, so the SIM free option I suggested still saves money (between £100-200) and gives you a MUCH better data allowance.

Coyote
    Free Member

Had a couple of HTC handsets. Buyer beware especially at that price! I’d second cancelling both and finding a better deal.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Don’t have the money to go and blow £600 on a phone outright.
    Yes there are other cheaper options. But I am getting the htc because of its amazingly good Audio quality, it’s replacing my now very slow Sony Xperia z5 and ipad which has died.

Drac

That is bloody expensive.

Are you still in the NHS? If so check out NHS discounts.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cock up’ is closed to new replies.