Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • co2 cartridges
  • pjt201
    Free Member

are they worth it over just carrying a pump? is one 16g cartridge enough to inflate a 2.3″ tyre/tube?

househusband

Nowhere near enough in a 16g cartridge to fully inflate a 2.3″ tube; it’d get it up to about 15-20psi at most. I bought one this week purely for seating 2.2″ UST tyres on my XM819 rims, and it worked a treat but I still had to use a pump to get the pressure up to 30psi or so.

pjt201
    Free Member

that’s that idea struck off the list then!

wwaswas

you can buy larger cannisters, though or carry two…

only really worth it if you’re trying to repair tubeless out int he wilds or racing though.

mk1fan
    Free Member

I use them to seat tubeless tyres too. But I also carry them in my trail pack to ‘quick’ inflate a tube if need be. My mini pump takes a ages to pump up a 2.35 tyre / tube. Whereas if I use a cartridge then it’s just a few pumps to get it up to pressure.

I should really buy one of theose mini track pumps from Lezine (sp?) but I spend enough on bike bits as it is.

rich-6
    Free Member

Just used mine this weekend for the first time, I wouldnt not go without a pump as you never know what’l happen, I had two punctures this weekend and only had 1 canister so had to use the pump, For the easiness and no faffing around i’d get one.

It inflated my 2.3 Conti hard enough for me 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘co2 cartridges’ is closed to new replies.