• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by st.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • CNOC 14 vs Hotrock 12
  • tinsy
    Free Member

Anyone have any real world comparisons of the two?

Tiny Tins is about ready for pedals, I would prefer the Isla but is it much bigger than the 12″ Hotrock as even that is a stretch for him right now.

HantsNightRider
    Free Member

Looking at it another way, it’s difficult to go from a 14 to a 20, without going to a 16, so you may as well go 12, then go 16, then 20

Hope that helps

jonathan
    Free Member

Our eldest made the step from Cnoc 14 to 20″ fine, and kept riding the Cnoc for ages afterwards too. But if they’re ready for pedals now and the Cnoc is too big then I’d get the Hotrock. Our youngest can ride our Cnoc 14, but is really too small to get his feet down proper on it. I can’t really justify another bike just for the few more months before he’s properly big enough for the Cnoc though!

dazh

The 12″ hotrock is quite small so won’t last much beyond 4-5 years old. Both my kids learned to ride on one of these and it was great for them to learn on, but they soon outgrew it. Also the front brake on it leaves much to be desired for as it’s pretty stiff.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Ours went from a balance bike to a cnoc14, then as soon as she was big enough on to a cnoc16. The 16 is a much better bike as it’s more stable than the 14, which is twitchy on any rough ground.

In other words, get the biggest wheels he’ll fit on.

toys19
    Free Member

My daughter went from hotrock to cnoc. Cnoc is lighter, better brakes, cranks, was way more confidence inspiring (given the way my daughter reacted).
    The main thing though is the coaster brake, the child cannot set the pedals to start, this held my 5yo back, until she got on the cnoc and a lightbulb went off and away she went.

Brakes on the islabikes are awesome, she feathers her brakes and can come to a gentle stop under control, or lock up both wheels and fall off..

tinsy
    Free Member

I dont think I was clear in my original post, its the physical size of the CNOC I want to know about.

I want the Isla Bike I allready think its the best option, BUT its 14″ wheel versus 12″ wheel.

Tiny Tins is quite small & not yet 3, but he can pedal quite happily (with stabilizers) & is feetup even in the skatepark on the balance bike.

If I can find a pedal bike that he fits he will be able to ride it, even if I have to get a BSO for now until he fits a CNOC, so if you know of a truly small first pedal bike no matter what it is let me know.

toys19
    Free Member

Islabike have a size chart which is very accurate. We basedour sizingson their inside leg reccomendations and it fitted perfectly.

tinsy
    Free Member

Thanks toys19, I have been on the site about 30 times & not clicked the size chart… What a numpty. 😳

st

Book an appointment at Isla bikes, they will get multiple bikes built up for you and let the little one have a tootle round their test track.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘CNOC 14 vs Hotrock 12’ is closed to new replies.